Kiss of Darkness: Part 1--A Hint of Shadow

unleashed

First Post
Baeleth Dawnmist, Male High Elf Swashbuckler

“Well that’s interesting. Did it look like the human was sleeping in the bedroom here?” Baeleth asks with a smile, as he offers a hand to help Verra up off the floor.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra Saefael, elven telepath

Verra smiled warmly as Baeleth helped her to her feet. "Yes, the bedroom . . . yes. The man was lying on the bed, the one in the cowl who took the pouch was standing over there," Verra explained as the vision was still fresh in her mind.

unleashed

First Post

“Can you describe the symbols on the pouch Verra? I may be able recognise whether they are of an arcane nature or perhaps a strange language, as I have spent the last two decades or so around powerful mages,” Baeleth inquires, his eyes sparkling as he speaks of magic.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Verra Saefael, elven telepath

Verra nodded and did her best to describe the symbols, glad that this question was asked so soon after the vision. She was still a bit unsteady on her feet, though she did glance around the bedroom to see if anything else triggered something in her.

OOC: Up to RA to determine how well she did.

unleashed

First Post

*About to release her hand after she reaches her feet, Baeleth instead steps in further allowing Verra to lean on him as he notices her swaying a little. As Verra describes the symbols, Baeleth asks intricate questions to get the forms as exact as possible, before he commits them to memory. Once the symbols are all detailed to his satisfaction, Baeleth delves deep into his memories for anything that bears a similarity to the characters described.*

OOC: And to determine what Baeleth may know. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Verra didn't get a good long look at the runes, as her perspective was shifting during the vision, but she is able to describe the angular lines of the runes to the point that Baeleth is sure that they must have been written in either the Draconic or Infernal alphabets, though he can't tell any more beyond that.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I know that ;). It isn't that he has an actual picture of the runes and can't read them. Verra's recollections of them based on glimpses in a vision are not exact, so he is making an inference based on the general shapes she is describing)

unleashed

First Post

“Well it’s definitely a language, and it sounds by your description Verra to be either draconic or infernal. It’s a pity you didn’t get a better look though, as I can read draconic...” Baeleth remarks, a wry grin on his face.

OOC: Okay, I just thought if he could identify even one character, he'd be able to say one or the other...as they use different alphabets.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: They do use different alphabets. Hence why I said he identified that it was one of the two alphabets--it may not even be either language :p

He heard descriptions of a few runes that could actually be from either alphabet, and he got a good roll to figure that out ;))

Remove ads