[IC] Ethend: Hunt for Cantus

Legildur

First Post
Baereaus nods knowingly as Delynn identifies the barkeep's story as the main point of interest for the group. "I see, I see," he says as he scratches his chin. "But not eating or drinking is no great feat."

"I only drink this," he says lifting his ale with right hand. "For the taste. But not sleeping is a whole different thing."

"Why would the three of you be interested in this murder? You don't appear to be agents of the Law. At least none that I have ever met."

Bront

The man with the probe
Kolbyr takes a swig of the ale, but otherwise remains silent. When asked about why, he nods towards Tau and Delynn.

Erekose13

Explorer
"The victim was a dear friend of mine, a gnome. Emaciated sounds possible, barkeep (do we know his name?), did you see any identifying marks at all? Did anyone talk to him or make any contact with him at all?" replies Tau.

Legildur

First Post
"A gnome!" exclaims Baereaus, slamming his ale down on the table. "Now why didn't you say so before? Do you know his name?" he asks, hoping that it wasn't an acquaintance of his.

"Of course I'll help with that!" he adds, the ale now seemingly forgotten.

Legildur

First Post
Baereaus shakes his head as he considers the name. "The name is not familiar to me. But it upsets me nonetheless that a brother should be cut down in cold blood."

"Consider my services at your disposal to track this killer and deal with him."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Delynn has been actively watching the conversation. "We would appreciate any help you could give to us, then. I fear that we are already at some loss." The druid turns to Kolbyr and Tau. "I don't imagine you found anything in the room..."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you for your help. At the moment, any help we can get would be appreciated. No, Delynn, I am afraid that the trail has gone cold. At least any clues from the room have dried up already. Mr. Barkeep, you saw a suspicious looking man in here around the time of the murder. Was there anything else about him that you can tell us?" replies Tau.

Ferrix

Explorer
Sputtering a bit on his ale, the barkeep nods, "Tamyn actually. I don't really recall too much else, the night of the murder.. let's see..." He looks into his basically empty mug, "now, that's it... I didn't think it relevant since there are brigands about every once in a while, but there was report of an attack on some merchant or other a couple days west of here. News travels oddly around here sometimes, they said the people looked as if they had been sucked dry and shriveled up, ghosts and spirits they said were angry at them for working with them devil Mythar. Rumor really. They prolly deserved it, whatever got them." He finishes what little ale he has left in his mug.

Remove ads