[IC] Ethend: Hunt for Cantus

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Ferrix]Delynn deftly ties her horse to a hitching post and speaks a few soft words to the animal. As the elf enters the inn, she quickly scans for someplace comfortable to sit, perferably by a fire.

Only after Delynn has dropped her backpack does she look around the inside at the people around.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Tau

[sblock=Tau]
Ferrix said:
Taua small crystal tablet of psionic nature from the resistance contact Vyrick.

Tau sits on his bed at the very inn where Uiim had died so recently. He had been playing the incident over and over in his head. Olivia's contorted face a rictus of fear and pain stuck forever in his mind, the old gnome's blood slowly spreading across the floor. Since then everyone had left, only he still tried to find Cantus. No longer were the Mythar his mark, this evil that Cantus represented had to be stopped before it could spread among the free.

The elf rolled the small crystal in his hand. It was the only clue he had remaining, the crystal from their contact. Without conscious thought, Tau channeled some of his mental power into the crystal as he pondered what to do next.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Bront said:
[sblock=Ferrix]Kolbyr nods to the two local men and aproaches the man in the armchair. He reaches into his pack and pulls out a few pieces of paper, which he shows to the man he hopes is the Innkeeper.
"My name is Kolbyr Fjorin, of the Danurii tribe."
"I need a place to stay for the night."

Kolbyr has always been an imposing figure, but since his incident, he's not carried himself quite the same, and that makes him much less imposing than he otherwise might be for a man of his size and build. His demeanor is friendly, or at least as friendly as he can look.[/sblock]

[sblock=Bront]The gentlemen takes a moment to notice the paper proferred to him, he blinks his eyes and takes out a pair of spectacles and examines it more closely. "Ah, a Fyn, been a while since my old eyes have seen one of your kind. Oh, you can hear me right?" His face looks up at you for some sort of recognition, assuming you give a nod or similar acknowledgement, he continues, "5 shards* for a night, meals included."

You hear the door swing open behind you followed by a sense of dampness from the fog as it sneaks in for a moment. The gentleman looks past you, a soft smile on his face. "A friend of yours or are we just in for a bunch of strangers these days?"

* a shard is the Mythar equivalent to a silver piece, up to you whether you have Mythar coin or traditional coin[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Dichotomy said:
[sblock=Ferrix]Delynn deftly ties her horse to a hitching post and speaks a few soft words to the animal. As the elf enters the inn, she quickly scans for someplace comfortable to sit, perferably by a fire.

Only after Delynn has dropped her backpack does she look around the inside at the people around.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dichotomy]The quiet of the fog has penetrated into the building, a pair of locals sit next to a dull fire paused in their game of Mills. Sitting in an armchair next to the bar is a gray-haired gentleman looking up at a tall blond-haired northerner who seems to be proferring something to him. The northerner's back is towards you so you can't make out his features but something about him is familiar, however the gentleman is looking at you with a soft smile on his face, as if amused.

Two doors exit the room, one behind the bar, the other to its right which must lead upstairs.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
[sblock=Tau]

Tau sits on his bed at the very inn where Uiim had died so recently. He had been playing the incident over and over in his head. Olivia's contorted face a rictus of fear and pain stuck forever in his mind, the old gnome's blood slowly spreading across the floor. Since then everyone had left, only he still tried to find Cantus. No longer were the Mythar his mark, this evil that Cantus represented had to be stopped before it could spread among the free.

The elf rolled the small crystal in his hand. It was the only clue he had remaining, the crystal from their contact. Without conscious thought, Tau channeled some of his mental power into the crystal as he pondered what to do next.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tau]First there is only a silver mist, then as if by some great wind it is blown aside.

The image is a fragment of a mosaic of times, a cave throughout history. You can feel the great power of earth that lies within, this is a seal within the spirit realm guarding something dark and sinister from the world.

The words of your own people drift from each one, a harmony of tones speaking fragmets of this phrase, "Eternal shall the Seal of Shadow be. Not steel nor hand betrays the Seal. Eternal shall the Seal of Shadow be." As the phrase sings through your mind, the mosaic begins to fall away, piece by piece.

There is one left, a time before your time, a Mythar Seer clad in deep crystal regalia stands before the cave. An entourage of Huom Battlemasters and Mython Gigants flank him. He reaches out with an arc of psychic energy towards the cave entrace. Lines of Spirit stretch and wane, warping the entrance of the cave. What comes next can only remind you of the unspeakable horrors you saw in the shriveled body of Uiim and the wreckage of the village of Peasia. Tendrils of darkness crawl around the edges of the cave, sneaking past the Seer and his entourage, behind them. You want to cry out to warn them, but you are neither there nor here. Then it begins, screams of agony and terror as the tendrils latch on to the Mythar, their forms shriveling and cracking under the taint. The cave is swallowed in darkness.

The darkness is again cloaked in that silver mist.

You sit on the bed, shivering as cold sweat runs down your face and neck, the crystal shattered under the strain of your clenched hand.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix said:
[sblock=Bront]The gentlemen takes a moment to notice the paper proferred to him, he blinks his eyes and takes out a pair of spectacles and examines it more closely. "Ah, a Fyn, been a while since my old eyes have seen one of your kind. Oh, you can hear me right?" His face looks up at you for some sort of recognition, assuming you give a nod or similar acknowledgement, he continues, "5 shards* for a night, meals included."

You hear the door swing open behind you followed by a sense of dampness from the fog as it sneaks in for a moment. The gentleman looks past you, a soft smile on his face. "A friend of yours or are we just in for a bunch of strangers these days?"

* a shard is the Mythar equivalent to a silver piece, up to you whether you have Mythar coin or traditional coin[/sblock]
[sblock=Ferrix]Kolbyr nods when the man asks if he can understand him, and pulls out 5 silver coins* to pay. Upon hearing the door and the man, he shrugs and turns around to see who the new patron is.

*OOC: I figure he'd have the coin more likely his people would use.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Jerod
[sblock]
Jerod had little luck so far in his search for the resistance, few were willing to admit to having known anyone involved in it, and even fewer were willing to admit to being a part of such an organization. At first he was traveling through Agoria, the heart of the Mythar Empire, few dared speak vocally against their psychic lords for rumors ran a plenty of dissenters being killed, flayed alive or worse.

He had traveled north towards Cihairduin, the Rolling Green, whatever drew him that way was uncertain but he could feel its pull. He had traveled for almost six months to get this far, learning of his own inner strength and sharpening the values and teachings of Seryl.

Recently, he had heard rumors of a band of outlaws, brigands, who had stood up against the Mythar in a town called Peasia only a few days from here. Perhaps, just perhaps this was the first clue he needed to discover the elusive resistance.
[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Ferrix said:
[sblock=Dichotomy]The quiet of the fog has penetrated into the building, a pair of locals sit next to a dull fire paused in their game of Mills. Sitting in an armchair next to the bar is a gray-haired gentleman looking up at a tall blond-haired northerner who seems to be proferring something to him. The northerner's back is towards you so you can't make out his features but something about him is familiar, however the gentleman is looking at you with a soft smile on his face, as if amused.

Two doors exit the room, one behind the bar, the other to its right which must lead upstairs.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ferrix]Delynn sets her things down and pays no mind to the gentleman other than to offer a polite nod.

The elf glides up to the bar and addresses the barkeep or waitstaff. "Excuse me," she says in a soft, lilting voice. "Might I trouble for something warm to drink? Anything will be fine, just not too strong. The fog this morn has a depressing chill."[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tau]What have they done!? thought Tau as he sat trembling on the edge of his bed. No wonder Olivia went mad, such darkness just should not exist. That portal must be shut, I'll need to find Cantus to see if he will tell me where it is. But where is he?

Tau takes stalk of what he knows both about Uiim's murder and about the portal. Has he managed to find anything after the old gnome passed. Were there more clues that would lead him to Cantus? Has he heard of the Seal of Shadow?[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
[sblock=Bront & Dichotomy]
Kolbyr nods when the man asks if he can understand him, and pulls out 5 silver coins* to pay. Upon hearing the door and the man, he shrugs and turns around to see who the new patron is.

~~~~~~~~~~

Delynn sets her things down and pays no mind to the gentleman other than to offer a polite nod.

The elf glides up to the bar and addresses the barkeep or waitstaff. "Excuse me," she says in a soft, lilting voice. "Might I trouble for something warm to drink? Anything will be fine, just not too strong. The fog this morn has a depressing chill."

~~~~~~~~~~

The gentleman smiles at the sight of proper coin, "silver then, well, it'll be four then." It seems he has something of a soft spot for the old world order.

~~~~~~~~~~

Note to Delynn: There are no others in the inn other than the two locals, the gentleman and the northerner, who is Kolbyr.

I'll leave it up to you two to work this out, please keep it in sblocks though.[/sblock]

Remove ads