[IC] Ethend: Hunt for Cantus

Ferrix

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
[sblock=Tau]With everything taken care of and goodbyes said, Tau steels himself for the task ahead. Resuming the hunt for Cantus. He'll head down from his room to start gathering information on the murder and provide descriptions of Cantus to see what he can dig up. If he finds any other elves in Teh’venro he'll stop to ask them if they know any ancient elvish lore.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tau]Proceeding downstairs into the common area you immediately notice something out of the ordinary, two strangers, one an elven woman and other a tall northerner embracing in front of the inn keeper. The two locals sitting at a nearby table have paused their game to watch this display.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
[sblock=Delynn & Kolbyr]The creak of the door leading to the second floor interrupts your joyful reunion. A steely-eyed elf stands in the doorway looking at the two of you.[/sblock]

Tau, Delynn & Kolbyr, you are all now in the same room. Feel free to include each other in your sblocks.

Ferrix

Explorer
RillianPA said:
Ferrix
[sblock]
Having learned to trust his instincts, Jerod follows the pull. He hesitates only to wonder if maybe the Mythar seek him, as they sought his parents, and maybe this pull is their trap. Either way, it has been six months, and it is time to learn something new.

He approaches the town called Peasia, casually, knowing that he must be ready to flee if it is a trap, but he also must approach the Resistance carefully if he is to join them. Entering the town, he examines the townsmen closely, while attempting to remain outwardly relaxed, and heads to the local inn/tavern.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jerod]The townsfolk of Peasia are uneasy at the arrival of a stranger, hard worked miners of crystal ore, they regard him with a reproachful eye. As if expecting violence to occur. The village is small and a shabby building with a carved mug over its door seems to be the local watering hole. Across from the tavern are the burnt remains of a larger house, an acrid smell lingers around it and the townsfolk avoid even looking at it.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]The large northern man looks over at the elf who just entered, then back over at the elf close to him, before finaly cocking his head slightly out of curiousity or inquiry, then again shifting his focus back to the elf at the entrance.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]The two speaking to the innkeeper see the afforementioned elf descend from the upper floor. The elf's face is gaunt and his cheek bones are hard and angular. His brown hair is usually kept cropped short, but it is usually messy. He wears a long brown coat that is tattered and simple traveling clothes underneath. The most striking feature is the blindfold which covers his eyes.

Are fortunes turning? I've found an elf already!

Tau steps down from the last stair and will wait patiently at a nearby table for the two to finish their exchange with the innkeeper. When they break from their current conversation he'll approach. His movements are uncanny for a blind elf as he walks with purpose and his face is clearly turned in their direction. [sblock=elven]"Pardon me, but I've not seen one of our kind in quite a while. Might I spare a moment of your time, miss?"[/sblock] he says in a clear elven voice.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Delynn(Only)]'Can't understand him. You know him?'

[sblock=OOC] Note to self, 6 of 10 used from Kolbyr to Delynn today, 0 of 10 from Delynn to Kolbyr.[/sblock][/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Kolbyr only]I understand, but I don't know him. The druid only takes a moment to get used to the foreign method of communication.[/sblock]
[sblock=Kolbyr and Tau]Delynn turns to the blindfolded elf with a curious, but not overly shocked, expression.[sblock=Elven]"Of course I have time for you, brother. I doubt that it is mere chance that we are both here. Do you wish to speak privately, or may my friend accompany us?"[/sblock] From her tone, it is obvious that the druid has posed a question of the blindfolded elf. She smiles at Kolbyr as she awaits the answer.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]Without thinking about it, Tau continues in Elvish. [sblock=elven]"Privately, if you don't mind. It has been some time since I have seen a kindred elf and I have a few questions only one of our kind would know. Though your friend may accompany us. I have a room upstairs. Does he understand our words?"[/sblock] he then motions towards the door he came through back up towards his room.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Tau and Kolbyr]Delynn shakes her head. "My friend, Kolbyr, does not understand our tongue," the druid says quietly in common. "If you don't mind his accompanying us, I would like him to come. Anything you wish to say to me, you can say to him." Delynn's eyes fill with unshed tears. "He is the best secret keeper I know."

With that, the druid accompanies the blindfolded elf to his room.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]Kolbyr follows Delynn to the room, smiling half heartedly at that last comment.[/sblock]

Remove ads