M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar's eyes widen in shock, looking at something only he seems to see.
[sblock=DM](So much for attempting to talk... :uhoh: )
Will save to Disbelieve (1d20+8=12)
A figure, wreathed in a cloak of dark flame, approaches, divine symbols flashing around it. Its face twisting from that of his father, to that of his priestly mentor, to his arcane mentor, and others, all stating the same. Failure. It grasps out to Ashnar.
(Assuming I'm facing a phantasmal killer, I'll roll a Fortitude save as well)
Fortitude save (1d20+3=4)
(Oops.)[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn notices the gnoll, but is preoccupied with all the rest of the room to really do anything about it. He'd warn the others but Eanos took care of that. He does not however realize any more significant religious connotations.

Standing directly in front of the dinosaur, Tenebrynn will strike at it with both ends of his staff.

[sblock=ooc]Quarterstaff (Double) +6/+6 1d6+3/1d6+1 20/x2
AC 17
HP 24

Rolls
Spot: 19, Know Rel: 6
Atk 13, dmg 6, Atk 14, dmg 4* forgot to add Nurlan's song in the rolls.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2 (con'T)

Rinaldo retaliates against the dinosaur, but his rapier seems to deflect off its shell. Likewise, Tennebrynn misses with both ends of his staff. Ogrin's words fade as he continues to flee down the winding corridor towards the room with no floor. Mordik turns his attention to Tenebrynn, who has stepped past him to engage the dinosaur. He stabs his rapier into the elf's back, delivering a painful wound. (8 points)

Eanos charges in and sinks his kama into soft flesh under the carapace. Shockingly, upon impact, his kama crumbles into red-orange dust, and the dinosaur trembles and fades, to be replaced by an odd-looking little creature.

Razh sprints back into the fray, to see his buddy Mordik stabbing his friend Tennebrynn in the back. He can't get past them yet to enter the room.

Nurlan unperturbed by the transformation of their opponent, stabs his spear smartly into its abdomen, inflicting a dire wound (12 points).

Ashnar's face goes pale, his eyes widen. He twists, as though trying to avoid a blow, stumbles and crumples to the ground.

As the dinosaur fades, five gnoll step out from behind various pillars. They aim longbows at the party and fire. Outstanding archers they are not, but two arrows do hit Nurlan (8 pts). The monster snaps at Rinaldo's rapier, but can't catch it with his antena.

Round 3
KaziKazi forms his hand into a ball, looking at Nurlan. (Nurlan Will save DC 17 vs Hold Person)

Ashnar[sblock]well, it doesn't look like the phantasm needs to make a 'to hit' roll. Bummer on your saves. I guess you're dead. Er, sorry.[/sblock]

Attachments

• A3.JPG
    A3.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 77

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
Ashnar[sblock]well, it doesn't look like the phantasm needs to make a 'to hit' roll. Bummer on your saves. I guess you're dead. Er, sorry.[/sblock]
[sblock]Looks like it. Who knew Kazikazi was that touchy about casual conversations :p .[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn yelps as he gets stabbed in the back, "Mordik, break out of it! Ashnar no! Nurlan dont stop, oh... Eanos, Rinaldo its just us. Ignore the rust monster all it can do is eat people's metal. Right now we've got bigger problems. Razh are you okay too?" he says as he tries to take stalk of his party falling apart around him.

Tenebrynn steps away from the rust monster towards the corner, trying to move into cover. He'll ready an action to cast magic missile at KaziKazi if the goblin god tries to cast any more spells. If it means giving the rust monster an opening, so be it.

[sblock=ooc]Rolls: Know dungeoneering: 23 to tell that its a rust monster and that all it can do is eat metal.
mm at kazikazi: (2d4+2=7) [/sblock]

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik's eyes roll in his head as he rocks back and forth in place and starts babbling to himself. [smallcaps]ne'erdowell. the walls. and darkness. always with the traps! ..and spells. what? and then. WHY!!?[/smallcaps]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Razh seems to be under control, for the moment. He is still very upset, though, what with Ogrin commanding him to attack pastries, Mordik stabbing his friend in the back, Ashnar convulsing, and Eanos' kama dissolving into useless dust after touching a dinosaur that turned into a... big bug thing. Razh never did like magic, and this is not helping his phobia.

Half in fear and half in anger, he runs from the group to the nearest column where one of the hidden gnolls has popped out to fire an arrow. Thinking that he now has thrown off the confusion spell, Razh is trying to get into a good strategic position. Here he'll have solid and soft cover, he can focus on one opponent, eliminate a ranged attacker, and eventually hop the columns to the back of the chamber to deal with the goblin god. His weapons already drawn, he grins wickedly at the gnoll archer who will soon taste his blades.

[sblock=OOC: ]Actions: Confusion effect:20 - act normally. Double move to the square directly south of G2.

OOG: I will be touring East Asia for the next two weeks. I'll have a laptop, but I don't know if the internet will be available in the hotels or wherever I end up staying. Assume I'm not available to post and NPC me accordingly please, I'll keep reading when I can and throw in a post or two if the timing is right.[/sblock]

Remove ads