M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

NakuruSai

First Post
In confusion, Mordik sees no way out of this without being on the Gods side, after all. He attacks whomever is nearest to him, shouting in Goblinoid [smallcaps]For Kazikazi!![/smallcaps]
His aim seems true enough, if it connects, he's put some force behind it.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Ogrin being invisible, Rinaldo having taken a 5 foot step in front of him, that mean you most likely attack Razh or Rinaldo. You don't touch the merchant natural AC, even less if his Expertise is already in play. For Razh, I don't know.[/SBLOCK]

rln

Explorer
OOC: Ogrin is not invisible as the confusion took effect before any of our actions. He is running away, though.

"Retreat!?? Never!!" you hear Ogrin's fading voice shout from the back of the party...

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

First of all, I should appologize for not having my act more together. I didn't roll initiative until after many of you had posted actions. Then when 'Kazikazi' won, and acted, several of you had to change yours. Oh well. I must admit, I've been feeling a bit off since that big data crash. I'm sure we'll all get back on track with time...

Round 1.
Kazikazi casts confusion.
Rinaldo takes a 5 foot step forward, rapier leveled, to await the charging ankylosaurus.
Ogrin flees in terror. Everyone allows him to pass. He moves 40 feet down the corridor the way the party has just come.
Tenebrynn casts Mage Armor and moves forward to take Ogrin's place in the fore.
Mordik (confused) strikes at Rinaldo, who is standing basically in front of him. Due to his improved uncanny dodge, Rinaldo is able to avoid this surprising blow.
Eanos moves into the SW corner of the room, and readies his sling to fire at the charging dinosaur.
Razh falls prey to confusion. He flees madly after his buddy Ogrin.
The dinosaur charges and just reaches Rinaldo, triggering his and Eanos' attacks. Eanos's sling bullet misses. Despite the creature's size, it has moved quite quickly, and Rinaldo also misses. It snaps out with its horny beak, but can't catch the swift merchant, either.
Nurlan begins singing, and advances, preparing his longspear.
Ashnar casts mage armor and moves up to get a bead with his spells. He shouts at Kazikazi in infernal.

Round 2
Kazikazi seems to hear Ashnar's shouted challenge. The creature stands suddenly, and points both long, clawed index fingers at the wizard.
Ashnar: [sblock] Ashar alone suddenly sees the most fearsome creature imaginable to him. Make will save DC 17 to disbelieve. Feel free to tell us what that creature is to him[/sblock]

Everyone else: post second round actions. Those who are confused, roll again on the confusion table. Everyone gains the bard's courage effect.

Spot check for everyone in the room, that is Rinaldo, Eanos, Nurlan, and Tenebrynn DC 16 [sblock]You think you see a gnoll head peek around the second pillar up to the East.[/sblock]

Also, add'n knowledge religion DC 15 info: [sblock]Kazikazi is also worshiped by some gnolls.[/sblock]

Attachments

• A3.JPG
    A3.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Rasereit shakes the confusion off momentarily. He looks around for just a moment, still in a bit of a trance, but regains his senses and runs back to the group, axes drawn, shouting, "Sorry mates! Don' know what got into meh!" He dances his way through his companions to get as close as he can to the dinosaur attacking Rinaldo. If possible, he'll move to a flanking position.

[sblock=OOC: ]I assume that Razh and Ogrin are actually off the map, since they're supposed to have run at full speed away, right? So Razh just runs at full speed... back to the gang. If he is on that square, he'll move to that flanking position, otherwise... He doesn't understand the spell, so he doesn't know not to stay away from his allies. Sorry mates...[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo seems frustrated. "What you little slumsy dwarf, you..." then the big lizard almost tear his armor apart. He turns his attention to the creature "You big cow, you think you can eat my nice new armor! Do you thikn it is cheap. Take that." Rinaldo feint and attack the lizard, and seems to pierce the beast hide.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Attack the last creature that attack me... Feint (at -8 vs Int 2): 18, Attack: 17, Damage: 7, Sneak: 10. That include the bard bonus. Here the rolls[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos drops his sling in frustration, drawing his Kama instead as he races in to join his companions in surrounding the creature. He slashes with strength and focus, hoping to break through the creature's tough hide.

Despite the flurry of activity, the monk's sharp senses catch sight of something across the room

"There are more gnolls here!" he calls to his comrades. "At least one more behind the second Eastern column."

[sblock=OOC]Drop sling as free action, draw Kama as part of his move. Eanos moves to flank with Nurlan before attacking. Damage: 5 points if the attack hits[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan's spot and knowledge checks are both successful, but he does not interrupt his song to speak.

If I understand correctly, the dinosaur effectively blocks the doorway, so we couldn't charge the leader? On that understanding, Nurlan attacks the dinosaur.

Remove ads