M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

rln

Explorer
So far this endeavour isn't much of a gain, Ogrin thinks to himself. The reward doesn't even cover the cost of the draughts I used, and no spoils worth talking about.

Still, the penniless Ogrin accepts to be put further into debt, knowing it'll be for the good of the party.

"I have some minor healing draughts left. If you need one, let me know."

Ogrin is all for finishing off the rust monster. Hideous beast!

OOC: Velmont, don't forget we need some identification components (pearls) for the items we've found. Unless someone carries some pearls with them?

Oh, and since it seems more than I missed it: Frump said there was another way out which we hadn't found, so no need to brave the salt chute.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Edited to add the price of two pearls. I think one will be enough for now if one of our caster cast the spell, but we surely will need one later. I don't think it's a waste. And if we are stuck with it by the end, rinaldo will keep it.

Do my math seems reasonnable for everyone? Any protest?

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Velmont said:
"Ok, here what we will do, Frump will detail me how he acts when Causticus comes here. Once that done, you all go back to Monemvassia and take care of Ashnar. I'll stay here and prevent that Causticus learn Frump departure if he ever decide to gives a new mission to the gnolls." Rinaldo hands his rod of immobility to Eanos. "Take that, it will help you to go back the way we took. Take good care of it. Leave it in the trap with a rope so I can escape easily if needed. Mordik, take care to hide the trap so the ones familiar with it think it hasn't bee triggered. Tenebrynn and Nurlan, you will both be responsible. Try to bring Ashnar back to live and also buy a wand of healing. I have almost 500 gold pieces left if you need money."

Eanos bows as he takes the acrobat rod. As he slips it into his haversack, he says "I'll keep it safe, Rinaldo. But with Frump's direction, we can all find an easier way out that that salt chute. In any event, make sure to keep yourself safe, too. We don't want to return with Ashnar, only to find you've traveled South in our absence."

[sblock=OOC]I'm fine with chipping in the 300 per Rinaldo's math. But where is the 175 owed coming from? Did I forget lending someone else money?[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
If he cash in his 6 DM credit he got from Slaves of the Dragon (do you have more?), that will make 1500 extra gp (50gp * level * number of credit), for a big total of 4284.
(I have 5 more from Dance of Souls; together with the 6 from Slaves of the Dragon, that would be 2750 gold.
My idea regarding the DM credits would be that Ashnar allowed some other spellcasters to copy spells from his spellbook, specifically the spell Ashnar's Mark (not Sparkstrike, though), under the understanding that they should not give it away themselves for some time (a few months?), and he let someone safeguard the money until his return. This would make the spell Ashnar's Mark publicly available)

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
I have 5 more from Dance of Souls; together with the 6 from Slaves of the Dragon, that would be 2750 gold...

OOC: I take that in count, which make that Ashnar have enough ressources to raise hiself and pay his share of the wand and pearl (he even have a few gold left :p ). So only Ogrin will owe money to Tenebrynn.

jkason said:
I'm fine with chipping in the 300 per Rinaldo's math. But where is the 175 owed coming from? Did I forget lending someone else money?

Owe mean: you owe money to someone
Owed mean: someone owe money to you.

It was mainly money you where lending to Ashnar for his ressurection, but with the extra credit I wasn't aware of, only Ogrin will owe money to Tenebrynn

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
As long as we can do this without having to sell anything, Nurlan isn't going to quibble with where the money is coming from. In fact, since he will most likely be keeping the wand after we're done, with however many charges are left, he'll happily pay the largest share of that. Since the raise dead costs can be completely covered by Ashnar's funds, a small contribution from everyone else to cover the pearls and subsidize the wand should do just fine.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: For now, I suggets to stay with that, and at the end, I'll calculate the value of the wand with the remaining charges and you will be able to buy back the share of the other of teh wand if you like.

Manzanita

First Post
Looks like we have a plan. Good thing Velmont/Rinaldo is around to split everything, as usual. KO's plan for his private spells gaining money sound good. We'll use the DM credits as stated. Another first.

Rinaldo stays behind with Frump. He proves to be a pleasent companion, who shows no signs of betraying the party. Several times gnolls come. Rinaldo hides behind a pillar and Frump speaks to them awhile in gnoll and they leave.

The rest of the party makes the trip back through the swamp to Three Rings. There they take the fast road to Monemvassia. They are able to find a temple of Sela willing to raise ashnar for the standard fee. Tenebrynn prepares two identify spells and pegs the magic items as a +1 light hammer - returning, and a ring of counterspells. The two potions are identified through spellcraft as a potion of cure moderate wounds, and oil of bless weapon.

The party then purchases a wand of CLW for the standard price and takes the long trek back to the underground complex. Despite several close calls, the party manages to avoid serious trouble with alligators, gnolls and quicksand. By now everyone's wounds are healed.

I'll post XPs here in a minute. These should be applied to Ashnar after he has been raised.

Knight Otu

First Post
It was a trial. At least that was what Ashnar would recall - if it ever really happened. Defiance of a God, so was the charge. And failure in his Duties. Ashnar knew that Kazikazi was not a real God. But the judges claimed it immaterial. Failure. That, Ashnar could not say anything against. He had failed. He was a Failure. Dying from Failure.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Forget that post... after reading again the previous post, I got my answer.

By the way, update my equipement to reflect the expense done.

Last edited:

Remove ads