M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

rln

Explorer
"You came down the salt chute? Or is there another way down?"

Looking at the squalid living conditions, Ogrin is actually starting to feel sorry for the man. He shakes the though off and wonders if the mage has once again been tricking with his mind.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"The goblins just leave the food at the room and go back. They are under strict instructions to remain silent and stay out of sight."

"We avoid the salt chute. Though the gnolls have some hide sleds that they ride down it when necessary. The rust monster is an animal. We just feed it and that keeps it happy. The gnolls clean up after it."

OOC: What about Ashnar? Can we get meta-game input on what he wants? Raise dead, reincarnation or neither. Raise dead is available in Monemvassia. Reincarnation could probably be tracked down through Martin the Green (the druid of Three Rings). I'm going to accept Palin's precedent and not assign XPs again until after he's been taken care of.

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: What about Ashnar? Can we get meta-game input on what he wants? Raise dead, reincarnation or neither. Raise dead is available in Monemvassia. Reincarnation could probably be tracked down through Martin the Green (the druid of Three Rings). I'm going to accept Palin's precedent and not assign XPs again until after he's been taken care of.
(If it is going to happen, he'd prefer raise dead over reincarnation. He'd be perfectly willing to cover as much of the expenses as possible from his own money, but not from his possessions. That said, given how costly a raise dead is, would it be in line to use my DM credits to say that Ashnar has, while doing his research, somehow assembled a stash of money?
Also, if it is going to happen, could you email me?)

rln

Explorer
Ogrin checks Ashnar's body for signs or amulets indicating if he wanted to journey south or north.

OOC: Hmm, this is a situation I didn't consider in the DM credit proposal :)

I don't know, it can easily be explained in different ways... his old college buddies putting out a collection to restore him to life ('spare a coin for the Ashnar resurrection fund?') or perhaps something from his family.

And no, Ogrin does not palm anything from the corpse :)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: How costly is a raise dead? We should have PCs make wills, or at least tell their comrades what they'd prefer in the beginning of the adenture. The party could ask for an advance on their payment for this adventure. They've also collected some treasure. This has consisted of 155 gps, a medium mithril shirt, and the following magical items: wire ring, light hammer, and two potions. There is also Wimpell's spell book. The raising of Ashnar, of course, is up to the party. Are you, KO, asking me to email you if/when the party decides what action to take? DM credits may be used. I'll figure out a way to justify it if you wish to use them for this purpose.

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: How costly is a raise dead?

(Technically, 5450 gold pieces - cost for the material, plus cost for the casting of a 5th level spell by a 9th level cleric.)
Manzanita said:
Are you, KO, asking me to email you if/when the party decides what action to take?
(Yep, there are some things that I'd like to do in that situation.)
Manzanita said:
DM credits may be used. I'll figure out a way to justify it if you wish to use them for this purpose.
(That leaves the question of what level to use. I'd be inclined to say 4th level, as that would be the level he would return at.)

Erekose13

Explorer
"If you didn't come in here via the chute how did you get all the way down here?" asks Tenebrynn after seeing that his magic is not helping much more.

"I want to take my friend Ashnar back to Orussus and see if we can't find someone to sure his um death. After resting I believe that our first order of business should be to find our way back to the surface."

"Many of these spells could put many of us out of commission or even one here can kill as we've seen. I am not sure that I would trust Frump to keep these spells in his memory." Tenebrynn says to the others, speaking of Frump as if he weren't there.

Velmont

First Post
"Orussus is a month of travel from here. We can't go back there. We can easily go to Three Ring, and from there, to Monemvassia. It will be two or three day up to that place and as much back here, which can leave enough time to the Viscount to see there have happen something here and flee, except if we make sure he doesn,t learn anything... but that might be risky and would ask us to split." says Rinaldo, starting to think more precisely to his plan.

He turns back to Frump. "It might not be so hard. Only goblin are coming here? and when the Viscount need his gnoll, how does he contact you?"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Velmont said:
"Orussus is a month of travel from here. We can't go back there. We can easily go to Three Ring, and from there, to Monemvassia. It will be two or three day up to that place and as much back here, which can leave enough time to the Viscount to see there have happen something here and flee, except if we make sure he doesn,t learn anything... but that might be risky and would ask us to split." says Rinaldo, starting to think more precisely to his plan.

He turns back to Frump. "It might not be so hard. Only goblin are coming here? and when the Viscount need his gnoll, how does he contact you?"

Eanos cocks his head, looking from the merchant to the throne, then over to Tenebrynn.

"I think I get your meaning, Rinaldo, though the question of all those bodies we left along the way becomes a bit more difficult to explain. Still, if we could carry off the deception long enough to bring back both Ashnar and, say, another of those wands we passed on before..."

Velmont

First Post
"Bah, just throw the body in the water. And who would search for bodies when you have gnoll around. I think there an illusionist who want to pay his debt and get his vengeance on the Viscount. That would be the first step to prove his good will. And the throne will allow to have the subterfuge playing for enough time so we can get ride of them without them thinking something wierd is happening here."

Remove ads