M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan disagrees with Tenebrynn. "There are any number of ways Causticus could get wise to his danger, and move, or bolster his defenses. We're hot on his trail right now; we should go after him before leaving this place. After that, straight to Monemvassia. There might still be time to find a priest who can raise Ashnar from the dead. If we took his body from Orussus, by the time we got there I don't think there'd be anything that could be done."

Velmont

First Post
"I have no healing left. What do you still have. Things won't be easy against the Viscount. he has proven more than once that he is a dangerous man. I don't want to see another one of you fall in combat."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

"Which is why we take a rest nah, listenin' t'the stories o' Frump 'ere about the nature o' his Viscount an' what he's gonna do t'try an' kill us, an' then in the mornin', or whate'er bloody hour 'tis nah, we be ready to take 'im on in all 'is Viscount-y glory, eh? D'ya get yer part in that, li'l man?" Razh looks menacingly at Frump.

Manzanita

First Post
With the time left this day, the party could make it back to Three Rings by nightfall, assuming their trip through the swamp was uneventful. They could take the secret passage used by the gnolls, and bypass the salt slide. Monemvassia is about a 4 hour ride from Three Rings. If they were efficient, they could get their business done there and get back to Three Rings the next day. Then be back in the dungeon in the afternoon of day 3.

Frump says, "Mr. Causticus does sometimes come. He comes down the tunnel then knocks on the secret door. I would then send the gnolls out of the rooom and receive him. The goblins who normally deliver my supplies don't come into this room, and wouldn't know anything was amiss. They wouldn't come again for a week or so. So if you want to return to civilization, you should have time. Not to Orussus, of course, but Monemvassia. I don't know that you'd find anything in Orussus that you wouldn't find in Monemvassia. Want to get your friend raised from the dead, eh? I'm sure you could do that in Monemvassia."

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, here what we will do, Frump will detail me how he acts when Causticus comes here. Once that done, you all go back to Monemvassia and take care of Ashnar. I'll stay here and prevent that Causticus learn Frump departure if he ever decide to gives a new mission to the gnolls." Rinaldo hands his rod of immobility to Eanos. "Take that, it will help you to go back the way we took. Take good care of it. Leave it in the trap with a rope so I can escape easily if needed. Mordik, take care to hide the trap so the ones familiar with it think it hasn't bee triggered. Tenebrynn and Nurlan, you will both be responsible. Try to bring Ashnar back to live and also buy a wand of healing. I have almost 500 gold pieces left if you need money."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan nods at Rinaldo's suggestion. "That sounds like a good plan. I feel better about leaving this place if someone is staying here to see that the Viscount doesn't get wise. I'd worry about leaving someone here alone, but I know how resourceful you are, and I'm sure you can handle it. Only one thing you might need --" he pulls out a potion from his pack and hands it to the merchant -- "Invisibility. Use it only in an emergency. If you need to escape some unexpected trouble."

Manzanita

First Post
We should probably consider cost. How much cash can everyone pitch in? I had to go look up the rewards offered by Prince Medius. It was knighthood for the 6 M3 veterans, and 500 gps each for the two new characters. Knighthood is worth somethin akin to 1000 gps, more for veterans of M1 & M2, but not paid in cash. Certainly the party will have to provide the bulk of the raise dead money. By leaving Rinaldo behind, you're losing your best merchant and bargainer. You'll probably want to identify the magical items you've found, & perhaps sell some of them.

If Ashnar wants to use his DM credits for cash, how much would that be? I thought that was listed in the Rules & Mechanics thread, but I don't see it. Personally, I would favor Ashnar's being able to cash in @5th level. He is still 5th level isn't he, until the raise dead is completed? What do the other judges perusing this thread think?

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
We should probably consider cost. How much cash can everyone pitch in?

Nurlan has about 700 GP cash; if push comes to shove, he'd sell valuables at half price -- should be able to come up with at least 1000 GP more that way.

Manzanita said:
If Ashnar wants to use his DM credits for cash, how much would that be? I thought that was listed in the Rules & Mechanics thread, but I don't see it. Personally, I would favor Ashnar's being able to cash in @5th level. He is still 5th level isn't he, until the raise dead is completed? What do the other judges perusing this thread think?

No shortage of judges in this game! I'd agree with you -- we need to have the cash before getting the spell, so it should be current level that we use.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn has 1700gp and would be willing to sell his anchor/heavy pick to raise his friend. That alone would be enough. He'd prefer to sell it through Rinaldo as he knows the trader can probably get a better deal. But in a pinch he'd rather see Ashnar alive than make a profit.

"I am afraid that I do not have any more curing potions available Rinaldo. I do not envy you your task, but I know you are up to it. Besides with all luck we'll be back before anyone even shows up to keep you company." replies Tenebrynn.

Regarding the GM credits, I think that its fine to award it as if at 5th level; giving a nod to everything that KO has done for LEW if we need to help sway any other judges minds.

Velmont

First Post
"Thanks, it will be most usefull." tells Rinaldo as he pocket the potion of invisibility. He then take his pouch and gives it. "Here all my money... wait a second." he opens it and search among all the pieces and grabs the few coppers and silvers there is. "I might need these coppers, could be usefull for distracting once invisible." he tells, remembering how half the group react when Frump use a glamour to pretend he was moving. "And don't forget the rust monster. I don't want it near, plan he east my mithral chain shirt."

Rinaldo just hand out 493 gp.

Ashnar have 2784 gp. If he cash in his 11 DM credit he got from Slaves of the Dragon and Dance of Souls, that will make 2750 extra gp (50gp * level * number of credit), for a big total of 5534.

We need a raise dead and a wand of cure light wounds. Which means total cost is 450 gp (service) + 5000 gp (material component) + 750 gp (wand) + 200 gp (Two pearls ofr identification) = 6400. With Ashnar money, we need 2116. If everyone can chip 275, we would have enough money to do everything. I looked at everyone sheet, supposing everyone have an updated sheet, here who pay, who owe money and how much. Tenebrynn, as you are the one with most money, and as Ogrin already had debt toward you, I made you pay more, but you'll see the gold of your money by the end of the adventure, I am quite sure.

Code:
Ashnar:		pay: 5525	owe:    0 	owed:   0
Eanos:		pay:  125	owe:    0	owed:   0
Nurlan:		pay:  125	owe:    0	owed:   0
Mordik:		pay:  125	owe:    0	owed:   0
Ogrin:		pay: 	0	owe:  225*	owed:   0
Razh:		pay:  125	owe:    0	owed:   0
Rinaldo:	pay:  125	owe:    0	owed:   0
Tennebrynn:	pay:  250	owe:    0	owed: 225*

Ashnar pay 50gp on the wand and his raise dead.
All other pay 100 gp on the wand.
Everyone pay 25 gp for two pearl for Identify cast by one of our wizard (one for now, one for later. I suspect it will be usefull). 
*I inlucded the 100 gp written on Ogrin's character sheet.

Last edited:

Remove ads