M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Goblin]"Nurlan is right, there is many way to serve Gundar. Did your god or your grand priest told you to die without trying? And what about the other humans on this island? We have seen some peasant when we arrived on this island by a tunnel that link this island to the continent. Why would they have to die? I don't tell your gob is wrong in his act, I said you should do something. As you speak, your life is already forfeit, so why not risk it? But your soul? Will you appear in front of your god and tell him that you have try nothing to save this temple, or to transmit his knowledge... I couldn't tell my wife adn my children that I havn't tried to see them again."[/SBLOCK]

"Razh, you are the only one who can see in this darkness. Can you tell us what looks like this scroll case you have found? Ogrin, you'll wait a moment. I don't want you to go alone. You are unarmed and your small legs doesn't allow you to easily escape a threat. Eanos would be better choice. He is fast, he can defend himself and have sharp eyes too, but first, I want to convince Hogarth to help us, and know more about that scroll."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

"Eh... ye're wantin' me t'be openin' that thing? Well, ye know, Ah... Ah don' like tae fiddle wit'... magic. An' all that. Don' trust it. Ye un'nerstand, right' mates?" He looks at the case in his hands. "Oh 'ell. Fine." He opens it and (presumably) reads the scroll inside.

Velmont

First Post
"First, describe the scroll case. Maybe one of our wizard would like to cast a spell that detect magical aura on the case before you open it, if they can. Then, I'll leave to Ashnar or Tenebrynn the choice to open it or not." answers Rinaldo before Razh open the scroll case.

rln

Explorer
In goblin, Ogrin says: "There's the tunnel through which we came. Perhaps we can evacuate the innocent through it. But first, we need to find our way out of here. Hogarth of Suderham, you can either sit here and wait for death to embrace you, or you can come with us to try visit it upon your tormentors."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Velmont said:
Ogrin, you'll wait a moment. I don't want you to go alone. You are unarmed and your small legs doesn't allow you to easily escape a threat. Eanos would be better choice. He is fast, he can defend himself and have sharp eyes too, but first, I want to convince Hogarth to help us, and know more about that scroll."[/COLOR]

Eanos nods to Rinaldo's suggestion, then realizes no one but Razh can see the nod. "Would that I were as silent of foot as Ogrin and Razh's darkvision, but most is as you say. Hopefully, between my speed and my senses, I would recognize trouble before it had time to notice me. You're right, though, that we should perhaps explore all the options available where we are before we try leaving this room behind."

rln

Explorer
In Common: "Look, you might enjoy sitting in a cave talking to a man you can't see in a tongue not meant for civilized people, but I'd rather investigate that tunnel. I'd rather find my doom where I can see it, than wait for it in blindness. Besides, noone should walk alone in the dark. Razh, can you see any small rocks, about the size of my fist or so?"

It is clear Ogrin does not like being helpless.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"And I rather not find my doom today, and that's why we are trying to convince that man to help us. We will find a way to safety, but we will do that together and we will first see all the tools and knowledge we have in our disposition. That why we are trying to convince that man and we are trying to find out what is that scroll."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I can detect whether the scroll is magic or not, however I will not be able to read it in the dark. Had I a firefly or some phosphorescent moss I could provide us with a light source, but alas I do not." replies Tenebrynn.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Uhm, regarding the scroll - is that referring to the empty scroll case Razh found?)
Ashnar rolls his eyes at the fatality of the man.
"We will not die today. Either we can appease Gundar by at least killing the dragon whelps or the dragon's servants, or if we can't appease him, we evacuate through the tunnel. But for that to happen, we have to act now. And to have some chance, we, except Razh, need the light. Let's go, and if the man doesn't want to be saved, drag him along anyway."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I didn't knew it was an empty, but after scrolling back teh thread: yeap it is.[/SBLOCK]

"The scroll case is empty? would there be a scroll buried under the sand?"

[SBLOCK=Goblin]"My friend found a scrollcase made of bone. It is empty. Do you have an idea of what it is?"[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads