M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 35/51)

Razh knew there was going to be a battle, but he expected to be able to prepare at least a little bit before Causticus noticed the party. More than a little surprised, he fumbles as he draws one of his longswords and moves past the confused dock guards towards Causticus and his goblin gang.
Things are moving a little bit faster than Razh had expected. He considers jumping on the boat and engaging the goblins head on, but then he remembers his visit to the Island. That boat trip was bad enough without warrior goblins and angry nobility. So Razh decides to stay on the relatively firmly grounded dock and defend the party from the other imminent threat, the ogre. He rushes forward with the party but stops short and spins around to face his adversary, crouched and both swords at the ready.

Not sure whether or not the ogre is going to attack, Razh gives him the most ferocious snarl (1d20+6=23) he can stretch his bearded, battle-scarred face into. Though he is in a loin cloth and poor-fitting armor, carrying awkward weapons he barely knows how to use, the warrior dwarf looks like a formidable foe indeed.

[sblock=OOC: ]In order to intimidate the Ogre, Razh must threaten him in melee, putting him in Nurlan's current space. The Ogre needs to make that level check to see if he is intimidated. Unless ogres are immune to fear or something, which would really suck since that's the best intimidate roll I've ever gotten. =P [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Hoping to thin out the boat's threats before jumping, Eanos runs forward and hurls one of the javelins he claimed at the closest goblin aboard ship.

[sblock=OOC]30' move straight down the dock, then javelin throw:

Attack=14, damage=5

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Is there some kind of bonus for running before a javelin throw or am I completely making that up?

Nope, but as you move toward you opponent, you might reduce the range penalty...[/SBLOCK]

rln

Explorer
Ogrin draws both short swords as he runs toward the ship on his short legs. With a powerful leap, he jumps aboard the ships aft.

Manzanita

First Post
Ashnar and Tenebrynn charge forward, hands raised to cast their firery blasts. Ashnar pegs the black-robed dragon child, wreathing him in a shroud of fire. (17 pts dmg) Tenebrynn is unable to get into range this round, so he targets the goblins with magic missiles instead. He damages one, and drops the one on the edge of the boat, just NE of Rinaldo, opening a place on the boat for someone else.

Moving 30 feet will place Tenebrynn 40 feet from the Viscount. Feel free to repost his standard action.

Ogrin & Nurlan charge forward and leap onto the ship. Nurlan is forced to move nearly 50 feet to find an open space on the ship, and thus cannot attack. Ogrin leaps onto the close end of the boat. Nurlan and Ogrin both open themselves to attack when the leap. Ogrin is hit once for 2 pts dmg. Nurlan escapes injury.

Razh positions himself in front of the ogre and manages to intimidate him (barely). Intimidation is a standard action.

Eanos charges forward and hurls a javelin at a goblin, which thuds into the gunwail of the boat. It was a tough throw, as there is quite a few people in the way, and the goblin has become engaged in melee with Ogrin.

Hogarth can't seem to get a clear shot with his sound burst or his javelin. Instead he sprints past the others to nearly the end of the pier, looking for a way onto the boat.

The ogre shouts in goblin [sblock]" Hey - let me on that boat! Out of my way!" [/sblock] He swings his mighty club at the dwarf. Unfortunately, despite losing his nerve, the ogre manages to slam his club into the dwarf, knocking the wind out of him (18 dmg - bringing Razh to 2 hps.)

Round 2:
Rinaldo...

Attachments

• Island.JPG
    Island.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Cast magic missile at two different goblins, hoping they are weak. Lets go with the two closest to the pier (incl. the one Ogrin is fighting).

Next Round move 30 and hopefully target Causticus.

Manzanita

First Post
Edited my last post to refect Tenebrynn's actions. I didn't change the map, though. The goblin closest to Rinaldo is now dead.

Remove ads