Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: little input from talbin here.. he just sits at the table with his foggy head, looking around and smiling at people randomly without much interaction.

Patlin

Explorer
"You have been away too long, Julianna. Focus is of course important, but the first principle of warfare for the individual combatant is the ability to both deal punishment and take it. However focused you may be, you will fail in war if you cannot hurt your opponent or if you cannot withstand the hurt he deals to you."

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: No problem. I've been wondering if Boog was going to chime in as well ;)
Boog was underwhelmed by the opportunity to join in the conversation. It seemed as if everyone present was interested only in using their muscles to solve problems, and in training the mind to move those muscles. This struck Boog as an impressive waste of mind, and he would not have hesitated to point this out had someone asked him. Thankfully, his hosts paid him little heed, thus sparing both Boog and themselves from a great deal of unpleasantness.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan is happy to engage some of the other woman and have some time away from Juliana. While the others practice, he drags Talbin and Vanth along to explore the grounds some. He checks on the horses and tries to engage any solitary women in conversation. He's happy to be there, but is also in a hurry. At lunch, or whenever, he'll try to corner Juliana.

"Listen, I don't think Katrina will like her guests as well when one turns into a werewolf. We need to get back on the road."

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius listens, observes and takes part in the exercises. He will not intrude on Mistress Katrina's training regime unless she invites him to contribute, at which time he will share his reflections on the Mistress' chosen topic for the morning.

As well as the general warm-ups and exercises, he will find time to practise his own forms as well.

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
"You have been away too long, Julianna. Focus is of course important, but the first principle of warfare for the individual combatant is the ability to both deal punishment and take it. However focused you may be, you will fail in war if you cannot hurt your opponent or if you cannot withstand the hurt he deals to you."
OOC: Sorry, was kinda busy to reply at the time.

"Yes Mistress, but without focus, on yourself and your intent, the ability to effectively do all other things falters."

Patlin

Explorer
Mistress Katrina frowns. Being wrong is unfortunate, but arguing with the Mistress in class is simply not permitted. For old times sake she chooses to disregard Julianna's error.

"You travel with one who seems to be a wildman... does he seem to you posessed of inner focus, or do you simply underestimate him badly? Do not answer now, we must continue the lesson.

"The Talariic Codex teaches us the principles of warfare for the individual combatant. Their are four, and they are easy enough to recite, but a full understanding of each one is elusive. True mastery of these concepts brings great power in battle."

[To be continued...]

Patlin

Explorer
"The ability to avoid the enemy’s counterattacks if that enemy is not immediately overwhelmed. To unleash in oneself the spirit of the enduring body. To discover the underlying violence of the world and deliver it in a perfectly executed attack. These are the further principles of warfare. We will meditate on them briefly before we begin to spar."

For several moments their is silence, and then practice begins.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Mistress, I am sorry. You drilled Focus into me so hard while I was here, I guess must have been confused. I thought you might be testing me with your answer." Juliana says, as she spars with Katrina. "But Rowan, the wildman you speak of, his lack of focus gives him power, but it also leads him to make poor decisions in combat, and it makes him more vulnerable to damage."

Remove ads