Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Rhun

First Post
Hold!" calls Korbryn, pausing at what would seem a bare stretch of hewn stone wall. He inspects it carefully, and then begins to run the fingers of one hand along the cracks and creases of the wall, hoping to find a catch to release the hidden door.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid pulls back to the dwarf. "There's a portcullis ahead, didn't try to open it. Let me help you with that."

OOC: Could the Kid try a Disable Device/Open Lock to get back the iron bars? He's taking time on a Search check to find the door mechanism.

Locating a small removable brick, you remove it and find behind it a small knob, the secret door opens into a staircase that leads to another hidden door, opening the door up the stairs you find yourselves in the burned black chamber up in the ground level, the most north eastern part of the ruined keep. (The square room north east of the main hall of the Moathouse)

Thandis didn't find any mechanism, so no disabling can be done to the portcullis, but with the appropriate strength, you guess the bars can be lifted.

Rhun

First Post
"Well, that didn't prove t' be of much value." Those words spoken, the dwarven warrior moves to inspect the portcullis. "Thandis, grab ye hold and let us see if this might be lifted."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ithiken runs down his list of spells to see if anything could help in the opening of the portcullis. Nothing comes to mind. "Sorry chaps. Ironic as it seems... though I am a force mage, I actually cannot exert that much force on an object. Master Bigby was probably afraid I would start knocking things over if he taught me that stuff."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid shrugs, puts away his daggers, and throws his back into assisting the dwarf.

OOC: Aid another on the Str check.

Remove ads