Need help picking powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minosis

First Post
I am new to psionics and need some help picking useful powers. I will be the battlefield support role.

Thanks

KarinsDad

Adventurer
You need to add more information.

What class and level will you be?

What will the other PCs be like?

What out of combat areas are you interested in?

Etc.

Patlin

Explorer
If "battlefield support" means buffing and healing, psionics isn't really the way to go. What do you intend your roll to be, specifically?

Although if your a psion with warforged in your party, psionic repair damage is fantastically efficient for healing...

Chimera

First Post
You still haven't really answered the question.

What kind of Psion?

Kineticist, Egoist, Nomad, WHAT???

If your GM can deal with it and you like playing a pure blaster, go Kineticist. I'm come close to pulling out my hair over the one I have in my game (Energy Missile is arguably over-powered for a 2nd level power), but I can see where it would be fun to play one. Just stand around flinging whatever kind of energy you need at the moment.

Shaper if you like using Constructs like you'd use summoned monsters or animals.

Egoist can be interesting, but most people with that kind of idea go Psychic Warrior.

Telepath is best for non-combat role-playing and problem solving.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Chimera said:
You still haven't really answered the question.

What kind of Psion?

Kineticist, Egoist, Nomad, WHAT???

Actually, he has yet to indicate that he even wants to play a Psion.

There are a lot of psionic classes with powers that can supply a battlefield support role.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Patlin said:
Although if your a psion with warforged in your party, psionic repair damage is fantastically efficient for healing...

Actually, he has yet to say if he is even in an Eberron campaign.

Btw, I like your new picture. :)

Im a huge fan of Abjurer Wizards... defensive precognitive battlefield altering casters.

When I play a Psion I accordingly go Nomad most of the time. Blasting doesnt suit me but this brand of PC / Caster totally appeals to me.

Just suggesting :p.

Chimera

First Post
KarinsDad said:
Actually, he has yet to indicate that he even wants to play a Psion.

I guess I read that differently and thus don't see the point of two posts suggesting otherwise. I'm not your kid.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Chimera said:
I guess I read that differently and thus don't see the point of two posts suggesting otherwise. I'm not your kid.

Exactly where is the word Psion in any of his posts? Or in my first post for that matter?

As for you not being my kid, I'm pretty glad. Thoughtful discourse and conversing based on what is actually written is the part of the point of these boards. Good rules and character analysis is based on facts, not assumptions.

I'm glad Karin has good reading ability and good manners. That's how all kids should be. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads