Need help picking powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

First Post
KarinsDad said:
Exactly where is the word Psion in any of his posts? Or in my first post for that matter?

As for you not being my kid, I'm pretty glad. Thoughtful discourse and conversing based on what is actually written is the part of the point of these boards. Good rules and character analysis is based on facts, not assumptions.

I'm glad Karin has good reading ability and good manners. That's how all kids should be. :D

From the title of the thread and the text of the first post, I thought it was clear that the OP is looking for assistance with psionic powers.

Psionics - Need help picking powers
I am new to psionics and need some help picking useful powers. I will be the battlefield support role.

Chimera

First Post
KarinsDad said:
Exactly where is the word Psion in any of his posts? Or in my first post for that matter?

As for you not being my kid, I'm pretty glad. Thoughtful discourse and conversing based on what is actually written is the part of the point of these boards. Good rules and character analysis is based on facts, not assumptions.

I'm glad Karin has good reading ability and good manners. That's how all kids should be. :D

As Cedric said.

You are out of line and downright insulting. Your post has been reported as such.

Cedric

First Post
Chimera said:
As Cedric said.

You are out of line and downright insulting. Your post has been reported as such.

In regards to my post, I never was trying to imply that he was out of line or insulting, I just thought the original post may have been misread, or I was reading more into it than others.

Bacris

First Post
The Psion is not the only class that utilizes psionic powers...

There's the psion, the wilder, the psychic warrior, the ardent, the divine mind... all use psionic powers.

So yes, KarinsDad is right in that he never specified what class he's playing. Asking what "Psion" powers would indicate playing a psion. Asking what "psionic" powers does not explicitly state psion.

And being a newcomer to this thread, I think you're looking for a fight. KarinsDad wasn't being "downright insulting" as far as I can see. In fact, you put out the first shot with the statement "I'm not your kid" when he, in fact, was correct in stating that the OP never said they were playing a psion.

Cedric

First Post
My confusion came from the specific reference to Psion. I see now that KarinsDad was referring to 'Psion' the class...I was referring to Psion in the general sense as a user of Psionics.

I would say that's likely my fault, because Psionics aren't my strongsuit by any means. If you say Psion...I associate that with the general definition, user of psionic powers.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Okay folks, good news and bad news:

The good news is that if the OP wants to start a new post, go ahead. The bad news is that this one has gone hopelessly offtrack. I'm going to close this one for now.

The next time, please don't make assumptions about other people or make value judgments about other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads