[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
DrZombie said:
Jonas charges the creature attacking courage, once again dropping his shield and swinging two handedly.

Jonas really isn't in a position to charge. I've attached a map for better reference. I apologize for the poor quality.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
[sblock=ooc]I'm giving 5 minutes since you defeated the winged formian. That includes talking to the dwarven captives and whatnot.[/sblock]

As Courage approaches the door she is met with the sound of two crossbow bolts whizzing by her head. In the time it takes her to regain her wits she notices two chitinous standing at the base of a narrow flight of stairs. Both have dropped their crossbows and are drawing battleaxes.

"No room. Dyspeer, let's make some," barks out the large man, barreling forward. He lowers his shoulder and grits his teeth as he tries to knock Courage's attacker backward, giving him room to do some damage.

[sblock=OOC]Since Shai previously called Dyspeer to him, I figure that effectively acts as a Heel command, which means Dyspeer has to wait for Shai's initiative to act (since that's when Shai can use Handle Animal to release him to attack). At that point, Shai's giving Dyspeer the Attack command.

On this stairway, how narrow is narrow? I'm assuming 10' wide since there are two opponents and they've both drawn melee weapons. If it's only 5' or it's wide enough for three-abreast, I'll amend my actions.

If I'm right about the proportions, Shai's going to try for a Bull Rush to shove D2 back and thus make some room to attack. +3 Str for the check (and a prayer or two against the AoO). This might be a good time to remember Shai has the Diehard feat. :\ [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The stairs are only 5 feet wide, and lead up to another level. The dwarves are on the ground, however, and not on the stairs. That should still leave Shai enough room for a bull rush if he wants, depending on the others' actions before him.

jkason

First Post
Ooc

industrygothica said:
The stairs are only 5 feet wide, and lead up to another level. The dwarves are on the ground, however, and not on the stairs. That should still leave Shai enough room for a bull rush if he wants, depending on the others' actions before him.

Still pretty crowded there. Assuming he can still do it when his turn comes, we'll stick with Shai doing the Bull Rush.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage doesn't flinch as the bolts whizz by her head, but, axe in hand, she advances into the room, and swings at the further creature. "I'm getting tired of this..." she proclaims to no one in particular.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Tanith returns fire with a bolt of her own but it goes wide.

One of the dwarves charges Courage, but she sidesteps without a problem. In turn Courage rushes to the second dwarf, but in doing so exposes herself to the first, who puts a nasty gash in her back. She manages to suck up the pain, however, and continue her charge, smashing the other dwarf in the shoulder with her axe. It counters with a hearty swing of its own axe and opens another gash in Courage's fair flesh.

Jonas take advantage of the now open space in which Courage was standing and lunges toward the chitinous dwarf. His sword scores an impressive hit, and a fountain of blood spews from the thing.

Shai rushes into the room and attempts to mow the thing over, but its dwarven sturdiness proves too much, even for the big man, and Shai bounces off as if he were made of rubber.

--------------------------------------------
Round 2

14 Tanith Dathius 18/20: steps through the door and fires her crossbow at D1 (2+4-4=miss)
11 D2: attacks Jonas (miss)
7 Courage Bloodstone 3/34: attacks D1 (9+7=miss)
7 Jonas Cleighton 31/36: attacks D2 (11+7=hit, 1d8+3=6 damage)
7 D1: attacks Courage (miss)
5 Shaimon Hu'u 18/32 (barkskin 189 rounds): attacks D2 (6+8=miss)
5 Dyspeer 20/29: comes through the door and attacks D1 (11+6=miss)
5 Formian: jumps down and attacks Tanith (miss)

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
"Here, you abomination. Hit me, you cowardly insect." Taunts Jonas as he swings again, hoping to draw attention away from his sorely wounded companion.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
Shai rushes into the room and attempts to mow the thing over, but its dwarven sturdiness proves too much, even for the big man, and Shai bounces off as if he were made of rubber.

"Dyspeer, help Courage," Shai calls, knowing his wolf is faster than himself. Shai moves his own bulk to flank the nearest chiton-dwarf, hoping to crush its natural armor while Jonas attacks--or at least distract the creature so that Jonas can better subdue it.

[sblock=OOC]Giving Dyspeer the Defend command (for Courage), then moving to flank the dwarf Jonas is fighting, attacking two-handed with warhammer (Attack +10 w/ flank, damage 1d8+5).[/sblock]

Remove ads