[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Mista Collins

First Post
"If the letter comes from a bona fide prison for criminals and seems legitimate enough, who are we to question it?" Tanith looks to all the others. "I did not know Vorien and the way I see it, we might be lucky to be rid of him before something could have happened to us."

"We were asked to help in a task and that is the task I agreed to. So I say we continue that task."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage looks at Jonas, and puzzles at his Oldimaranian Oath. "I think we should proceed. Though it hurts me to leave someone I have shared a hearth with, we know little of him, or of his captors, and are unlikely to be in a position to affect change. I understand if others feel differently, and I shall accompany any one, if it is your wish to pursue Vorien."

She pauses, and acknowledges Scodi's concern. "I am fine, thanks. A minor wound. It is Jonas who needs your care. For now, I can take care of myself, but thank you."

"We have another full day's march ahead of us. I suggest we raise camp and proceed.

Her gear is packed, remaining where it was by the fire pit. She picks up her bow, tests its drawstring, and replaces her axe.

As the others pack their gear, Courage approaches each of them. Each time, she addresses them by name:

"Scodi, I would examine your heart. Given our situation, I desire certain knowledge of you, and in exchange for your openness, you would have my affirmation of protection."

"Jonas, I would examine your heart..."

"Tanith, I would examine your heart..."

For each of her comerades who agrees, Courafge will clasp their right hand, and look into their eye. She doesn't need to do this, of course, but she wants the appearance of ritual, of solemnity. She does not want this to be an invasion.

Then, as the others pack up their kit, Courage lays hands on herself, healing the injuries.

wmasters

First Post
Scodi considers the situation, pausing before speaking to the group,"I can't help bu think that if I'd been taken, I'd want my companions to come and make sure I'm OK. But, this looks genuine to me," he says, gesturing to the note. "If he's been taken by this prison, he'll get a fair trial, and frankly our involvement's not going to help a lot. It just feels a bit like we're betraying him to carry on on the back of a scrap of parchment."

With a sigh, Scodi stands. "Jonas, I will tend to your wounds, if you need, they looks painful. Although I expect you're a better healer than me."

When Courage approaches later, Scodi nods in acknowledgement. While he finds it slightly invasive, the business with Vorian having left him disconcerted. "Do what you need to." he says to Courage, and submits to the paladin's magic.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Go ahead and examine my heart, but know that not everything is what it seems."

Tanith finishes packing her stuff and stands there waiting for the others to be ready before they go on their way.

industrygothica

Adventurer
After Courage finishes her soul-searching, the party decides to pack up and carry on. Anuneventful days walk takes them to a small dwarven outpost a few miles into the Iron Hills. While the majority of the dwarves here live deeper in the hills, this highly visible outpost draws not only dwarves taking a break from mining, but anyone else who happens to be passing through. In the tavern you can not only buy deep mug of dwarven made ale, but the back wall is lined with other dwarven-made wares, including some sturdy-looking weapons and armor.

A stout dwarven woman greets you as you walk in the tavern as she is drying and putting away the empty mugs. "G'day to ye! What can I get ye?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"A pint of ale, please," says Courage with a smile, as she places herself down on what appears to be an inverted barrel being used as a seat at a large wooden table, and looks about to ensure there are enough barrels for her friends as well.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The stumpy woman brings four foaming mugs of ale to your table and sets them down in front of you. "Ne'er see'd ye 'round here before. On business 'r pleasure?"

Mista Collins

First Post
"It might do you a little business to please us with some answers," Tanith replies with a sincere smile. "A friend of ours was supposed to receive a shipment of some dry goods. Walnuts to be exact. He never received it and it upset some people."

Finally sitting down Tanith smiles to the woman. "A lady of your sorts hears things others may not. Do you have any word of someone coming across a lost shipment of procuring one of their own?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
"It might do you a little business to please us with some answers," Tanith replies with a sincere smile. "A friend of ours was supposed to receive a shipment of some dry goods. Walnuts to be exact. He never received it and it upset some people."

Finally sitting down Tanith smiles to the woman. "A lady of your sorts hears things others may not. Do you have any word of someone coming across a lost shipment of procuring one of their own?"

"Hmmm," the woman ponders. "Nope. Only trade route through here is the one you just came in on. Haven't heard o' any lost shipments o' nothin' meself. Walnuts ye say? Seems strange a fellow'd get 'imself bent outta shape fer some walnuts." With that, the woman heads back to the bar and on with her duties.

Almost immediately you feel a heavy breathing down your back and turn to see another grizzly old dwarf. "There is another trail," he says, almost clandestinely. "I heard ye askin' Rhanett about yer lost shipment. Well, if it was anythin' of value, it mighta come through the Thokkari hills." He raises an eyebrow when he says the word "value", suggesting me means more than just that of a monetary type.

"Those trails is used for folks who don't wanna be seen, fer the most part." He then gives a knowing nod, and looks down his nose at you, "bet that's where yer man ran into some trouble. Lotsa trouble down in those parts. Patrols go down in there ever so often. Last one still ain't come back. Maybe you'll find 'em when yer out there. Then again, maybe ye won't."

Remove ads