Worldwide D&D Game Day 2006 (November 4th, Saturday)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Worldwide D&D Game Day 2006 (November 4th, Saturday)

From myself said:
This year is a mini-adventure called Curse of Gethin Abbey which will be sent to the locations where it will be run one week before the Worldwide Game D&D Day. The 4th-level pre-gen characters (discussed a couple of weeks ago here) for this year (a Dwarf Cleric, an Elf Ranger, an Elf Wizard, a Halfling Rogue, a Human Fighter and a Human Paladin) are available for download at that page or in a zip file here.

I suggest anyone who DMs snatch up those pre-gens to keep in your files for whatever use might come up. Find a local place and jump in on a game this November 4th (a Saturday). At the worst, you'll wind up with a free miniature or two and some other prize or prizes if the FLGS you attend feeds the kitty, too. It's a good time.

`Fraid that's all I know . . . ;)

Yet I now have the adventure in my hands and am impressed with the design and editing, both. It'll be a fun little adventure to run and to play. Bravo, Rich Baker and WotC Staff for doing it so well! I am looking forward to this year's Worldwide D&D Game Day even more than ever! :)

I'm not sure if I am allowed to disclose the nature of the giveaway miniature (every player gets one for free, just for playing) but it looks quite cool to me and well worth the time. As if gaming for the fun of it wasn't enough. ;)

From the Past said:
The first year (discussed here and here), as said, had part of the D&D Basic Game adventure, which I helped organize at a local BArnes & Noble bookstore. They included a simple map and all the minis needed to run the game. Fun for all. :)

Last year (discussed here and here) was a chunk of The Fane of the Drow, which I helped organize at the Games Plus gamestore in Mount Prospect, IL. I also got the chance to run a session as a DM. It was seemingly a draft copy that was poorly edited and the pre-gen characters were obviously thrown together by someone not paying attention to the adventure and setting. However, it was tied in wth the minis game (you could run either a DDM Skirmish or an RPG adventure last year) so the minis came with it and the double-sided map, too. The editing could be glossed over and didn't overly harm the game but some of the pre-gen characters' attributes clashed with the story for those who were experienced players. For new players, it made little difference.

Glyfair

Explorer
Mark CMG said:
Yet I now have the adventure in my hands and am impressed with the design and editing, both. It'll be a fun little adventure to run and to play.

Good to hear. I'm supposed to run this, but my FLGS has not gotten anything for this as of last Friday. They are on the list, but it may be a mess if nothing shows up (par for the course for WotC).

Glyfair

Explorer
thalmin said:
The package of goodies just arrived today (Monday). Check with your FLGS again.

Weren't there supposed to be two packages? I thought there was supposed to be a package with promotional items, then a later package with the giveaways, scenarios, etc.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
We received a promo package a couple weeks ago with poster and flyers. The new one has the scenarios, maps, dice and required minis plus giveaway minis and dungeon tiles.

Glyfair

Explorer
thalmin said:
We received a promo package a couple weeks ago with poster and flyers. The new one has the scenarios, maps, dice and required minis plus giveaway minis and dungeon tiles.

I'll check tomorrow, but we never recieved the promo package, so I'm not optimistic.

Remove ads