Equivalent Exchange--Episode 1: Shattered Love

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al chuckles slightly "Eheh, brother doesn't like being called little..." he has yet to answer the man's question though and he becomes a bit more serious, he doesn't much like explaining this to people. "Actually, that's kind of a long story my brother is well... lost, I guess you could say... and I'm trying to find him. That's why we're going to central."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, I see. Well, good luck then."

*He heads back off to the other room, perhaps going off to bed.*

*After a little while, Claus returns with some tea for the guests.*

"I'm cooking up some stew for you guys too. It will be done soon," she assures them.

unleashed

First Post
Taking a sip of the tea, Rose says, “Thank you, the tea is delightful, and the stew sounds and smells lovely... though you needn’t have gone to so much effort for us, Claus.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, it's no trouble. Besides, you and Edward saved my life, Alphonse. As far as I'm concerned, you're both heroes in this town."

*As the stew finishes, Claus ladles out two warm steaming bowls for the weary travelers. Alphonse finds himself remembering how brother refused to drink milk unless it was in a stew.*

Dire Lemming

First Post
Al chuckles at the memory; "Heh, brother loved stew even though it has milk in it, and he hates milk. I wonder if it's still the same for him." He digs into the food, realizing that he is quite hungry.

unleashed

First Post
Rose looks sadly towards Al as Ed is mentioned, as she takes a little of the stew on her spoon. As she raises it to her mouth she stops and says, “Thank you, Claus, both for your words and your kindness,” before quietly eating the stew.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You are quite welcome, Miss Rose," Claus gets some tea for herself and stirs it idly, "And you can feel free to stay here the night if you like, both of you. Though it still isn't a good idea to wander after dark, the disappearances are far more rare recently. Probably just wolves or the like, moving on as their packs wander."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Alphonse is already nearing the bottom of his bowl as Claus and Rose speak, and he finds himself growing restless with all the talk of disapearances. As he scrapes out the last of the stew he says; "Thank you very much, the stew was delicious, and so was the tea." He pushes back his seat and stands, taking his long red coat of the back of his chair. "Thank you, for letting us stay here, I... It seems like something bad is happening around here, I'm going to see if I can do something about it, even if it is just wolves. If people have been thinking they've seen Majihal, or something, around the graveyard, maybe that's where I should look first." He puts on his coat and walks for the door.

Just as he reaches it stops and turns, with an embarassed grin, "Ah, where is the graveyard?"

Remove ads