• Star Trek: New Voyages (2004)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate Trek, so I refuse to answer!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Poll closed .

WhatGravitas

Explorer
My list:

1. TNG - Great characters, nice stories, like it very much!
2. DS9 - Because the first 3-4 seasons were pretty meh (TNG had the first two seasons as meh-seasons)
3. TOS - Nice, but not as special as the ones above.
4. Enterprise - Because season 4 and Manny Coto saved it from total disgrace...
5. Voyager - Watched it sometimes. Stopped. Don't want to remember "Threshold".

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Why does everyone love DS9 so much? I have every star trek episode on disk, and I have yet to be able to watch DS9. It bores me to tears. I haven't watched Enterprise either, but that's pretty much due to lack of time.

DonTadow

First Post
JRRNeiklot said:
Why does everyone love DS9 so much? I have every star trek episode on disk, and I have yet to be able to watch DS9. It bores me to tears. I haven't watched Enterprise either, but that's pretty much due to lack of time.
I liked it better than TNG because it went some where. There was a fluid storyline that evolved over the course of the season. The stories were also "heavy" as opposed to the many happy ending episodes of TNG

I liked it better than TOS because all of the characters were developed and just just stereotypes.

Deep space nine was the first scifi show in a long time that did justice to the concept of war in space. My favorite episode is the one where sisko is looking a list of 1, million deaths. Sad.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Lord Tirian said:
5. Voyager - Watched it sometimes. Stopped. Don't want to remember "Threshold".
Hey, didn't every Trek have their major stinker episode? With classic trek is was "Spock's Brain", TNG had "Shades of Grey", Enterpirse had that awful final episode. Not sure about DS9, can't think of one all that bad.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
My list would be:

1. TOS
2. DS9
3. Animated
4. TNG
5. Voyager

I don't even put Enterprise on the list because it was largely unavailable to me and so is an unknown quantity.
I put the animated show fairly high, and now have on DVD, because while the animation was cheap, the stories were very imaginative. And it gave the supporting characters like Uhura and Chapel a chance to shine from time to time that they never had in the main series. I think being an animated show, and thus sort of a throw-away, the writers had more freedom to be creative rather than cater to the network's pressures.

Welverin

First Post
billd91 said:
I put the animated show fairly high, and now have on DVD, because while the animation was cheap, the stories were very imaginative. And it gave the supporting characters like Uhura and Chapel a chance to shine from time to time that they never had in the main series. I think being an animated show, and thus sort of a throw-away, the writers had more freedom to be creative rather than cater to the network's pressures.

They were also free of the practical limitations, which prevented things that were just too expensive or beyond the technology of the time.

Remove ads