Your most pointless TV/movie/book nitpicks

pukunui

Legend
They also hid in the basement, with the dead, who could be raised....good plan!
Yeah, when they all went and hid in the crypt, I was like, "Oh no, you're all gonna die" ... but the Stark dead didn't rise. I guess they subverted my expectations there. :rolleyes:

Ryujin

Legend
Nit picking Game of Throne? We'll be here all year.

Mine is the second Battle of Winterfell. The dead are coming. So the humies start digging extra defences. Deep trenches filled with wood to burn. Sounds ok. Then the battle comes and they station the troops OUTSIDE the defences.

Now, I am not a military man but... aren't defences meant to go between you and the bad guys?
A soldier behind a fortification is worth something like 10 outside of it so yes, it's pretty stupid.

It's a case of lawful stupid.
No, it's sadly a case of bad writing. It's completely unrealistic, misunderstands how stock markets work, and so on. It's just silly nonsense. There's no realistic or human behaviour being represented there.

There's a kind of movie/TV show which is so profoundly, loudly, and continually stupid that it's kind of beyond nitpicking, because it basically is nothing but nits, like a particularly horrifying 3E-style Lamia.

The Dark Knight Rises is absolutely one such movie. It's truly idiotic and nonsensical, from top to bottom - it's particularly bizarre because the previous movie wasn't like that. Prometheus is another one - it's so insane the only defence people have of it is to try and claim it was being stupid on purpose - unfortunately this is completely undermined by every statement Ridley Scott has made about it (and by Alien Covenant being 85% as dumb and in exactly the same ways). Catwoman would be yet another. And yes a lot of later episodes of Game of Thrones are similar.

That's not to say none of that is watchable or fun in a certain way, but at a certain point, there's more nits than movie, and that's true for those.

Ryujin

Legend
Is this a real show?

Or like a meme template people splice hockey fights into for youtube?
It's real. Just saw a commercial for it on CITY-TV, in Toronto, this afternoon.

. Catwoman would be yet another. .
who defends catwoman?
I'm just waiting to watch the new "Law and Order Toronto: Criminal Intent", so that I can pick apart all the Americanization of our legal system from the writers.
I've seen some excitement for it on the L&O reddit and since the UK version of Law and order was faithful to the differences in the legal system, it also looks like this one has several actual Canadians in spots that matter. I'm guessing they will do what L&O UK did and adopt several episodes from the US's version to the Canadian legal system

Remove ads