Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Erekose13

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Alix & Trisha]Trisha looks up into the night sky. Despite the lanterns being lit, the sky is typically full of stars on clear nights like this and it probably will be tonight as well once the sun has descended further into the ocean. She stares wistefully watching the sky and dreaming of the voyages Alix spoke of.

"Oh you tease, just to see me? as a friend and confidant is it? Yes I am feeling better, though I have not left the house since then. My father does not think I should be out and about at least for a little while. He's rather set off by what happened. Those thugs? I think he's sent someone after them. I think I'd have rather been walking with you rather than alone, but I can't change the past can I?"[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix & Trisha]"No, we can never change the past, dear Trisha," Alix looks off in the same direction Trisha is looking, moving up close next to her as he speaks, "But we can change the future, and the remedy for that particular regret is clear. Trisha, would you like to join me at a dinner party tomorrow night?" Alix smiles with a wink, "You've led me into what I wanted to talk about quite beautiful, dear Trisha. It's as if you read my mind."

(OOC: :lol:, I wonder what will happen when we get Alix, Nathen, and Trisha together in a room ;))
[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"Master?" he tells with a smile. It is the first time someone speak to him with that term. It sounds strange to his hear but he doesn't say anything about it, he just decide to enter the mansion, not wanting to make her host wait too long for him and Nathan.

Jerrell leads Nathan to the two wooden door. He stops in front of it and stare a moment. Not sure if he should enter, he decide to knock first. He go gently, but with natural strength, it still resonate pretty well without sounding like someone who is bashing at the door or is impatient. As he wait for someone to answer, he turns toward Nathan "Do you know why she is doing this dinner? The invitation I recieved didn't told me." Jerrell asks, but before Natahn could tell him anything, he adds "Thinking fo it, if you know teh reason, I think it would be better you don't tell me. She must have her reason not to tell me yet."

Malarky

First Post
"I'm sure the hostess will inform us." Tereg interjects grinning up ( waaaay up) at Jerell and Nathan. Never one to judge stature by size, he is nevertheless impressed.

"Tereg." he volunteers, inclining his head with a smile. "Forgive that I impose on your company, but it seems we were all invited -- and I'm never one to turn away the opportunity to make a new acquaintance."

They seem, he decides, at least the jovial sort. Certainly better than a cadre of rather taciturn mercenaries--- though of course, he of all people should know appearances deceive.

Erekose13

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Alix & Trisha]"Oh, I'm sorry I can't. I'd really love to Alix, but my father has forbade me from leaving the house for a few days. I know it sounds silly and now I'm regretting telling him that I'd abide by his wishes, but he's been really angry since that night and I don't want to face that right now. I do want to see you again, but I think we need to give it more time." Trisha says. The regret in her voice is genuine.

(ooc: I'd like to bring everyone together at the manor now. You ready? We can continue this in sblocks if you like.)[/SBLOCK]

Julian spends the next day anticipating the strange meeting. The day seems to crawl by at a snails pace until finally in the early evening he is ready to go. Now that he knows exactly where to go it is easy to get back to the manor. As he arrives at the gates he sees three people standing at the doors just about to knock. A large man dressed as a sailor, a smaller man dressed in noble finery, and a small faen only half the height of the noble.

Jerrel knocks on the door as Tereg pops up and introduces himself. The hard wood resounds with the large man's hesitant knock. In only a few moments the door swings open and a short elderly gnomish woman answered, the same one who had delivered the messages. "Ah you must be Mr. Rivers then, and Mr. Lidu and Mr. Yethelen. Please please do come in. The Lady is waiting for you."

Manzanita

First Post
Julian trots forward to catch up. He's wearing his 'sunday best', though it is still basically just clean and pressed travelers clothes. He also wears his longsword, but has left his armor and bow at home.

"Hi, Kora." he says to the gnome with a winning smile. To the others, he says, "Perhaps you're here for the dinner. My name is Julian Hemlock." Julian is a half elf. He is hansome, with long curly fair hair, and green eyes.

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding at the two sudden arrivals, although the smaller fellow that literally seemed to appear from the oncoming shadows of the street and into their midst made him a bit nervous, Nathan extended his hand and bid them enter into the house.

"After you Masters Tereg and Hemlock, Master Rivers and I will be right behind you."

Looking at the gnomish servant who brought him the letter, Nathan nodded his head in greetings as he spoke.

"Please tell your Lady that we are most anxious to meet her as well. If you would be so kind as to lead, I will close the door and follow."

Hoping the others did not mind him speaking for them, as it was mainly for the benefit of the young sailor, Nathan waited until they entered and closed the door shut.

Velmont

First Post
Jerrell saty mute as Nathan speak for the whole group. He didn't expect it and it got him by surprise, but quickly he just wait and let the cleric lead him. He suddenly felt more confortable to be led by someone else in unknown water.

He wait and let the doorway clear of his presence as the two newcomers are offered to go first. Once the have pass in front of him, Jerrell looks at Nathan and shows a warm smile and follow the group, leaving Nathan the burden to close the door, as he wanted.

As he enters, Jerrell takes a moment to look around him, being teh first time he comes into a mansion, he wonder how different it will be of all he knew, which is mainly the Azure's church, tavern, shipyards and boat.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=E13](OOC: I've been ready if you like--Alix wants Trisha's opinion on the whole thing, though, so he was going to explain it and ask her for ideas on the motivations behind this and details that she would know about Lavinia and the Vanderborens. Alix doesn't appear to be outside with the others, so we can have him be already there when they arrive--he likes to be early. If so, he would have already given Lavinia the flower.)[/SBLOCK]

Malarky

First Post
He's been here before, so Tereg is no longer that awed by the mansion itself. He is, however, rather intrigued by the assorted companions. Jerrel, in particular catches his eye. He'd seen men his size now and then at the tavern, and judging by the attire definitely a sea-farer. He grins up and follows.

"Master Hemlock, master Rivers, a pleasure." He eyes Nathan curiously. " I think I've might've missed your name sir, but then my hearing is not as keen as some might be. Lidu, was it?"

By the clothes, a noble it would seem. Friends with a sailor? peculiar bedfellows indeed.

This, of course, only piques his curiosity more as he follows into the well kept halls of the manor.

((OOC: I know he introduced himself to Jerrel, but I don't think Nathan did to the others? Apologies if I missed it. Then again, could just be Tereg being a smart ass.. *thwaps*))

Remove ads