Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Other than the challenge shouted at Dagobert, the guards seem fairly calm. In fact, they don't even point their crossbows at the adventurer.

"This is Westmoreland Keep. I take it you're a bit lost?"

Lazlow

First Post
Patlin said:
"This is Westmoreland Keep. I take it you're a bit lost?"

"You could say that, yes. My traveling companions and I were following some less-than-savory characters let loose around here, but seem to have lost our bearings. I'll go see if I can collect them all, they're back up the road a bit. Won't be a moment."

With that Dagobert turns back around and heads back into the woods to regroup.

Patlin

Explorer
At the mention of a larger group, the guard does seem more wary but he still isn't openly hostile. One of the men heads down off the wall, possibly to alert his superiors to the presence of visitors nearby.

Manzanita

First Post
"Hey. What's going on?" asks Rowan when Dagobert returns. "I can't go with you in case Revenir is there. But Richard and Lasair have their, um, disguises ready. The three of you go. Try not to get in trouble!" Rowan whispers to them as they leave. He gives Richard a hearty slap on the back. "Don't worry buddy. I've got your back."

Patlin

Explorer
Lucien, Played by Dungannon, Half Elf Ranger 2 3
Rowan, Played by Manzanita, Human Barb3/Ftr1 (and now Ranger 1 as well)
Rinya Starflower, Played by Heckler, Half (Wild) Elf Barbarian 2 (and now Ranger 1 as well)
Dagobert, Played by Lazlow, Elven Cleric 1 (Level up not yet refelected on character sheet)
Killian Gracy, Played by Craw Hammmerfist, Human Paladin 1 Dropped out of game
Gardner Monroe Played by Salix, Human Rogue 2 Dropped out of game
Richard Rawen, played by Richard Rawen, Human Fighter 2 3
Lasair Alant played by Rysatil Arden; Human Telepath 4

ooc: With the changes in personell, I'm rechecking balance. If there's anything wrong with my summary above, let me know! ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Did we hear what Dagobert said? I'll assume we did, since he was yelling it up to the guards)

*Lasair sighs.*

"Rowan McTavish, none of us can go there in case Revenir is there, not after the way he--Dagobert? Is that his real name or just a fake name he used for the guards?--handled that situation. Dagobert told them that we are here chasing someone. If Revenir is here, he will already be expecting pursuit. It would have taken everything in our power to send in any group at all that would successfully make it past his suspicion at this point, since we're timed perfectly with when he expects his pursuers to arrive. With what Dagobert said, it's clinched that Revenir knows we are here if he is in there, so we might as well all go," she turns to Dagobert and looks a bit upset, though not overly accusatory, "Honestly, going out like that was a rather vhal-less act. I wish that you had allowed me to handle that situation--it is the only thing I am going at doing. I could have done the same, but I respect the consensus of the group enough to not go out and do so against their wishes."

Manzanita

First Post
"Now, now, Lasair." Says Rowan. "You can just call me Rowan, by the way. It's not nice to talk about men's Vahls. Not unless you say something really complementary, anyway. Personally, I think you're giving that scumbag too much credit. He may not be expecting pursuit. Maybe he thinks we were pursuing the ogres instead. Maybe he figured we wouldn't pursue at all, or didn't know we could track."

"None the less, all of going is a dead giveaway. Dagobert has got us a lead here. I think we should give it a shot. Now go out there & see what you can do. Dagobert & Richard can protect you. Go find out if Renevir or the necromancer is in the castle."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'He has not "got us a lead" here. He has brought us a loss here.'

"We are already discovered if there was anyone to discover us--our only advantage is now gone. Even if he wasn't expecting pursuit, when it is announced that there are 'A group of travelers including one elf who are following some less-than-savoury characters and reached here', he will know who we are for certain. I believe that it would be foolish and dangerous to split the group like that in the face of an armed adversary with possibly much armed support. Either he is not here, in which case it is safe for all of us to enter, or he is here, in which case he will know for sure that we are coming now and we will need everyone."

Manzanita

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
'He has not "got us a lead" here. He has brought us a loss here.'

"We are already discovered if there was anyone to discover us--our only advantage is now gone. Even if he wasn't expecting pursuit, when it is announced that there are 'A group of travelers including one elf who are following some less-than-savoury characters and reached here', he will know who we are for certain. I believe that it would be foolish and dangerous to split the group like that in the face of an armed adversary with possibly much armed support. Either he is not here, in which case it is safe for all of us to enter, or he is here, in which case he will know for sure that we are coming now and we will need everyone."

Rowan shakes his head. "Well, stay here then, babe. Richard? Anyone else?"

Remove ads