Epic problem OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Ah ha! Well, that's easy enough. Pick an age category, and look up silver dragons on the SRD. The stats you'll find there assume starting scores of 10 or 11...so just subtract one of those (whichever will make for an even modifier) from the score you see listed, and you'll be left with the modifier.

Example: To determine the Strength modifier for a mature adult silver dragon, I looked at the SRD, where it showed an "average" silver dragon as having a Strength of 29. I subtracted 11 from that to get a modifier of +18.

As for what age category...since the ECL is +5...

An Adult silver would be ECL 27. You might be able to get one. Young Adult is ECL 24, and is probably more reachable, unless you have wacked out Cha.

Ivellious

First Post
Didn't you know, cha is like a 67 lol. Jk jk, but still I had to say it because of pallandrome, too easy not to poke fun at.

So what would the age category be for a lvl 22 silver?

and whats the address for the srd? I keep losing it

Shayuri

First Post
ECL 22? Let's see...

A Juvenile silver dragon is ECL 21...so you could take that and either give it an extra HD towards its next age category, or you could give it a class level. Here's the stat mods, cuz I feel like being Helpy von Helperton.

Str +9
Dex 0
Con +7
Int +8
Wis +9
Cha +8

Remember that dragons get fighter BAB, monk saves, and 6 + int mod skill points per dragon HD. They rock. A Juvenile silver has 16 HD, and +5 ECL. Uh...breath weapon is 8d8 cold or 1d6+4 rounds of paralysis. 3 sorceror caster levels, and no SR or DR. You do get Feather Fall 2xday though. And +15 natural armor.

Also, happily, Juvenile silvers are the youngest age that silvers are Large...and thus big enough to ride. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Making Dragon's as characters is simple, just figure out your racial stat mods as Shayuri pointed out, Then use the Monsters Manual to figure out the class Skills for your dragon type. Everything you'ld need is in the normal books, it's just like playing any other monster race. The Draconomicon has advanced details and options, but is not required.
And no, when he levels up he can choose either a Dragon HD with all the associated bonuses (BAB, Saves, Skills, and if he has enough HD to hit a new 'age category', the new age's ability mods and powers) OR add a class level which does not count towards his dragon age categories.
OH, my bad.. there are a few other things based off HD, though they're from the MM, I'll just point them out for simplicity. Dragons have Natural armour equal to 1 less than their Dragon HD. Also, Breath weapon and Save DC's are HD based (See the first section of the Dragon, True entry in the MM for detalis.) Everything else is based off Age Category.

Shayuri - An old hold on the Prime would not be available, b/c the Ban has existed longer than you, what with you being only a few hundred years old. You ARE marked, though until just now nobody knew that meant you could go into the Prime.

Pallandrome - I guess the contract is OK, then. It breaks down to essentially a Faustian pact, right? "I give you my soul in exchange for this" or "I bet my soul against this.."
I don't see it playing too large of a roll in the game, but flavour = good.

Ivellious, We screwed up on your Dragon cohort a bit.. BY my calculations, it's 30(Level), +8 Cha, +2 Great Renown, + 1 Special Power for a total of 41 Leadership Score, giving you a 25th level cohort.. That would be a Young Adult, 20HD dragon.. I think the problem was that when I posted My examples, I was assuming people would have leadership scores high enough to get the max level Cohort (28). If you want more, you'ld have to up your leadership score(probably through Charisma). On the PLUS side, though, your dragon DOES gain Bonus HD from being your Special Mount... 8d8 (With con mod) and Bonus BAB, saves, Skills, and Feats (As per Dragon HD). These are NOT 'dragon HD' though, and do not give other dragon bonuses (Breath Weapon, Size increase, Age category, etc, etc).

Also, per Legendary Commander... It's not useless at all.. How many of your followers are either Epic or Outsiders? Probably not many (If any).. therefore you could send every single one of them into the Prime if you REALLY wanted. They're not affected by the Ban.

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal, can u give me an epic progression for the ultimate magus?

edit: Can I have my kobold as old? Say like around a hundred years old? I promise not to abuse the epic feats (e.g. like gaining them before epic). :D

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm! Question re: Leadership score. Does my ECL count? I was going on the assumption that I used my Hit Dice plus Cha... Also, are there any applicable special mods, such as Special Power?

Regarding a stronghold...I went ahead and bought an Instant Fortress...should be enough for now... Feasible to save some gold up and reinforce it later, perhaps? Or to commission or purchase a lair/stronghold?

I just need someplace to keep my stuff besides this bag of holding. :)

sans

First Post
Jemal, If you're still taking submissions, I'm interested in playing. I'm playing in an epic game on another site so I'm aware of the level of commitment needed by the players and the DM.

I'm still working on a character concept, but I am leaning towards an arcane caster. What's the deadline?

Remove ads