Epic problem OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...when designing cohorts, I can see where it says to give them wealth equal to an NPC of their level, but where does it say how to design their stats? Is there a standard point buy? Or do we use one of the NPC arrays?

pallandrome

First Post
Mine is fairly simple, and probably won't come up unless we venture outside of the Prime Material. That's what I get for having an outsider for a Cohort though.

Wait, does that mean that if you make your cohort over lvl20, he cannae come with us? Since it would technically be breaking the Epic Ban.

Also, BAH! I just noticed that Divine Metamagic only works with Divine Spells! Oh well, back to the old drawing board!

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Okay, lets see.. Cohorts - How's about we assume they're Marked as well, just for simplicity's sake?
As for Cohort Creation, we'll use 30 point buy. You can supplement their equipment with your own money. HP = Full at first, half+1 after that. particular's are up to you.
Keep in mind, however, 2 things - Your cohort is max TWO levels below you, not 1. Also, HD does not equal level equivalent for Cohorts. For example I haven't seen Salamander listed anywhere as a special cohort, and the noble variety doesn't have a level adjustment.. However, I'ld be ok with a 22 HD Noble Salamander (+6 LA) as a Cohort.

Any god you want to worship is available, and there are multiple gods with overlapping fields. The base PHB dieties are all there, and there's allways the 'worshipping an ideal' concept, so long as the ideal fits both/all chosen domains.

Voidrazor - I don't really like that Choose Destiny spell, it's just one of those things that sends shiver's up my spine and I don't know why.. I'll allow it on a trial basis if you promise not to make it Persistant/Permanent somehow. Otherwise Destiny Domain looks good.

Avalon - Dragonwrought is allright, I just don't like the aging b/c I've seen/heard numerous people claim that Old Dragonwrought Kobolds are eligible for Epic feats b/c they're considered true dragons and have the 12 dragon age category's, and at Old Age, dragons can choose Epic Feats in place of normal ones. Essentially, if you play a 100 year old Kobold, by level 10, he could have Combat Archery, Damage Reduction, Dire Charge, Energy Resistance, Epic Speed, Fast Heal, etc, etc. Just don't do that and it's fine.

Darimaus

First Post
Yo pallandrome, I'm not sure if this would fit your concept very well, but if you're willing to give up a few caster levels for it geomancer could take care of that 'Divine Metamagic for Divine only' problem of yours. Just a suggestion.

pallandrome

First Post
Meh, thanks for the suggestion Darimaus, but it just didn't fit the flavor. I'm happy with him, as-is. I WILL, however, switch Rapid Metamagic for Divine Vigor. Each time I do it, I get +46 temporary hit points that last 23 rounds. And they stack, so if I spend a minute buffing before combat...276 temporary hp. Hmmm, is that going to be ok, Jemal?

As for My Noble Salamander capadre, I'll still be leaving him behind to mind the shop, at least for now. I can always contact him via sending if I need him.

Last edited:

pallandrome

First Post
Also, I have a request for a magic item. It's not overly powerful, but it fits my character PERFECTLY. It's the Contract of Nepthas, from Complete Arcane. Essentially, it is a binding contract that, if broken, the party that breaks it is stricken blind, deaf, and mute. If the contract signs under the compulsion of a charm or compulsion effect, it is considered null and void.

It'd be a great little toy to bring an even dozen along with, what for making deals with on my little trip to the prime material. The only problem, it's in neither the SRD, nor the EPH. May I still purchase it?

Also, Spells Known have been added to the character sheet.

Last edited:

pallandrome

First Post
Yeah, that's why I'm asking. It's not really useful enough for me to spend a feat just to be able to make this one item, but it's mighty flavorful. If he says no, I'm totally cool with that, but it doesn't hurt to ask ^.^

Ivellious

First Post
Almost done with my character. just have to flesh his background out a little more, give him his saves and bab, and then finally name him lol. Will be up shortly.......hopefully

Remove ads