City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouvere

Explorer
"I presume no other items were taken in the robbery, sir?" asks Conuld. "It appears the thieves knew precisely what they were looking for, and perhaps where to find it. Do you believe the necklace was stolen for its intrinsic value? Are you aware of any enemies or rivals of your family, who might take pleasure in your family's embarassment or discomfiture?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wik said:
[sblock=ooc]
Alright. It'll be a day or two before we start 'er up. I'm gonna wait for Rae's vignette to come to a close so we can steal some 1st levelers from there. hile we're waiting, feel free to ask Cassus any questions about the theft or family history or whatever else...[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC to Wik...] While I'd be interested if you want Saithnar to go when he gets done delivering the pie, since you already have two mage's I don't know if you'd want a Psion along for the ride too. I guess I'm saying that if there is room and you want him, I'll go. But if not, then that's okay too and he can wait for a bit bigger adventure to come along.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Atomerasu Worthallingham IV, human wizard

Trouvere said:
"I presume no other items were taken in the robbery, sir?" asks Conuld. "It appears the thieves knew precisely what they were looking for, and perhaps where to find it. Do you believe the necklace was stolen for its intrinsic value? Are you aware of any enemies or rivals of your family, who might take pleasure in your family's embarassment or discomfiture?"

Tommy beams delightedly, "Exactly the questions I was thinking of! I can see that yours, Conuld, is an intellect not to be trifled with!" He rubs his hands energetically together. "Oh, those thieves will rue this day!"

ooc: Yes, those really were exactly the questions I was going to ask. Great minds! ;)

Wik

First Post
Trouvere said:

Cassus thinks for a minute. "As I said, it was my sister's birthday. We had given her a few... trinkets... cheap necklaces and the like. The type of thing most twelve year old girls love to wear. Many of those items were missing in the morning as well. But beyond that... no, they just took the Arimae necklace.

I do believe the necklace was stolen for it's financial value... although I wouldn't rule out that... other...possibility....

[sblock=Phoenix]Hey, the more the the merrier. I can always up the toughness of encounters a bit if I have a larger group. I don't wanna run a group bigger than six, though.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
Tommy beams delightedly, "Exactly the questions I was thinking of! I can see that yours, Conuld, is an intellect not to be trifled with!"
Conuld inclines his head in acknowledgement. "I have other questions, but perhaps they can wait, until we have decided our course of action. I would wish to visit the scene of the crime, if that would be acceptable to... um... Lord Arimae. My apologies, sir, I confess I do not know the name of your father. Or does your grandfather, Tellon Arimae, yet live?"

Wik

First Post
Cassus looks at the ceiling, dangling his goblet in one hand haphazardly. "...no... my grandfather died several years ago. My father's name is Braeden. A greater trader you cannot find. As for visiting the crime scene... I don't know what you'd be able to find. We did, obviously, clean up much of the wreckage immediately upon it's discovery. About the only thing they left behind of any interest is this..."

Cassus reaches into his dark vest and pulls out a gray scarf. The scarf is a light gray, with embroidered black lilies scattered throughout. Almost regretfully, Cassus hands the scarf over to Conuld.

"I'm pretty sure they were all wearing these. Why they left one behind, I don't know.

[sblock=OOC]You can all make Knowledge/Local checks (DC 15) to see if you know anything about the scarf.[/color]

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Almost regretfully, Cassus hands the scarf over to Conuld.
"I'm pretty sure they were all wearing these. Why they left one behind, I don't know.
Conuld turns the scarf over in his hands and frowns. "I do not recognise this design," he says. "Perhaps it is the mark of a street gang or thieves' guild? Tommy? Pendrake?"
[sblock=OOC] No ranks in Knowledge (local)! Goodness knows what Conuld spent his time in the library studying.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Atomerasu Worthallingham IV, human wizard

Tommy peers intently at the scarf, then shakes his head regretfully. "I, too, am unable to ascertain their provenance. No matter! I'm sure such sloppy criminals must have left numerous clues in their wake."

ooc: knowledge (local) 1d20+5=13

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld looks around the inn doubtfully. "I suppose we could show the scarf to some of the other patrons here, though that might do more harm than good, if our interest in it reached the ears of the wrong people. Not that I mistrust any of them specifically. But people talk, and should the scarf have some significance of which we are not aware, we might only succeed in alerting our careless thieves to our pursuit of them."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads