Heart of Artifice Temporary--Kharas Alone

Velmont

First Post
"Thank you, miss" tells Kharas. "Fantasia? Esperal? Brilia? Heart of Artifice? You know, I start to really hate random teleportation. I really love travelling by foot, it allow me to get the time to meet people, learn about teh place, you know. All the name you've been telling me are just unknown to me.

My name is Kharas Mroranon. I'm a dwarf, in case you don't know it. Seems some people here have never seen my kin here. I came here by using a magical device that I didn't knew the secrets... very unwise from me. If you want, I would like to hear a bit about this city and the other places you named... and maybe more, about the Heart of Articfice. That doens't sound like the name of a city to my ears."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Greetings Kharas Mroranon. You're not from Fantasia, Esperal, Brillia, or Heart of Artifice? Well, I know you aren't from Spiras, but that's everywhere in the known world...What are you? Are you some kind of funny-looking angel from beyond the Veil of Passion above? An escapee from the Dismal Heap below?"

"In any case, if you've coin to pay, I have a room for you here if you need one."

Velmont

First Post
"An angel?" Kharas laugh at that idea. "No I'm not, and neither I am an angel nor a demon... I think you exactly point where I come from, I'm not form the known world. I'm from somewhere else, and I am not aware that my world was knowing yours exist either. I don't know what is the Dismal Heap below, but it's sounds like a prison when you speak about it, and I can assure you, I didn't escape any world. I would gladly go back where I come from if I can. Only thing, four kids of my world have dissapeared, and they could have come here too, as it is trying to find them I found myself in this world. If you have heard anything about other newcomers thatd oesn't look like you, I'll be glad to hear about it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wow, how exotic. I can see why the Baron wants to meet with you then. I am afraid that I have not heard of such travelers, but then, I am just a humble innkeeper. My name is Liliara."

Velmont

First Post
"Liliara, please to meet you. And you are not just an innkeeper. I'm a trapmaker, an armorsmith and an artificer. I could be staying in a shop, making my craft and winning my life. I would have done that if it wasn't for my fathers who kick me out of it so I see a bit more of the world. Yuo, you see the world in you establishment. The proof, how many people in Spira have seen a dwarf yet? And who knows what you,ll do the day you'll meet someone who will need you. Four kids needed me, so I've gone to there help... and here it led me. I just wonder if I will be able to help them."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Aiding children in need is a worthy goal. They are but innocents who need the protection and guidance of adults," Liliara agrees, "Why would your father kick you out, though? Surely you did not commit a crime worthy of exile? And you do not seem to be broken, to be cast into the Dismal Heap."

Velmont

First Post
"Why? Because travels give you knowledge that you cannot have without it. An example, would you have ever imagine what a dwarf could exist if you had never seen me? When you travel the world, you see thing you can't meet. That help your imagination, it gives you experience you wouldn't have if you have stayed in one place. That experience, that imagination help us to create better traps, better armor, better magical items. You can learn techniques form other culture or even find forgotten techniques from old ruins. That,s why he kicked me out, to widen my mind.

Can I ask you something? How old are you?"

Velmont

First Post
"Some thinks it is... I never really understood why people are so complexed with there age. It means so little things. Even less when you don,t even know the age of adulthood or teh life expectency of a race... How much time have you been running that Inn?" asks Kharas.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, so you mean dorfs live a different amount of time than normal people? Is that including rejuvenation? I have been running the inn only for a few years--there weren't as many visitors from other kingdoms until recently that would warrant the place, plus I was saving up for it ever since I was a little girl."

Remove ads