Heart of Artifice Temporary--Kharas Alone

Velmont

First Post
"All depend what you mena by normal people. Where I come from, there is dwarfves, elves, humans, warforged and many other 'normal people' of different race that lives together. You see, a dwarf live up to three century, and a human can live up to a century, elves can reach 10 century, maybe more, and warforged are still a young race, half-living, half-construct, but we don't know yet how long they can live. I must tell a warforged looks like a bit like your kin, but more obviously like constructs than you. That what marvel me with you kin. Warforged are created, not born, but your kin seems to be able to have babies.

When I tell you travelling open your mind, I would have never dream of you kin."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"These Warforged look like the clanks?" Liliara asks, "I don't think we look like the clanks," she frowns slightly, "At least any more than you look like a monkey."

"Yes, the clanks cannot have children...they will never experience that miracle of life. I feel sad for them sometimes, but they do not have emotions, which may be a blessing for them."

"10 centuries you say? That is amazing! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone even nearly that old!"

Velmont

First Post
"Warforged are not exactly has you see them. Even if they are not as emotional as humans, they still have emotions. It's just they have been created for war, so the emotion have been put to second role in there personality. The house Cannith, who build them, needed soldier, and not poet. But as I said, they look a bit like you. Maybe more than me with a monkey, but you could let say as near as a dwarf with a gnome... oh, yeah, you probably never seen a gnome.

But how old is your kingdom? I have rarely one like this one."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't know...you have babies, right? So do monkeys. So do we. But Warforged don't right? So in that way, you are closer to a monkey than I am to this Warforged."

"Our kingdom is a new one, built around the rich Thelanium mines here. I think it is a wonderful place to live, though I have heard from the travelers that other lands are truly glorious! Maybe some day I will save up enough to go visit!"

Velmont

First Post
"Thelanium?" wonders Kharas. He takes out of his pocket the small piece of strange metal he had taken from the broken construct back in Sharn. "Is it Thelanium?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Liliara nods.*

"Sure is. Well, it's good to know you at least have Thelanium in that strange land of yours, even if you call it something else."

(OOC: I don't remember, does he have a whole bunch of it or just a little?)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Velmont said:
Kharas take a piece of the strange alloy and pocket it.

A small piece, not much[/SBLOCK]

"That's doesn't come from my world." answers Kharas. "I've found that on a broken construct. The same that fly up there." He points one of teh flying construct if there is one flying in sight. "It seems the way between our two world have been found first by someone here. But tell me, what are those flying contruct? Also, I've seen many animal-like construct on other floating island. Do you know who build them and why?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see. Well, that's more than enough Thelanium to last you a while."

"Which flying creature? There are many different sorts. I guess you know some of them but not all?"

"On the other islands? Those were probably brought to life by the Baron. I hear he is quite the naturalist. Some say, though, that the animals were just practise, and they were created before we were, with the spark of life breathed into us by the Artifex Maximus,"
she makes the motion, "Blessed be the holy one."

Velmont

First Post
"To last me a while? You mean it can be used as some form of energy?" asks Kharas, really curious about that.

"For the flying creature, The one I've seen is..." Kharas give the decription of the creature. "The only thing, it had been torn apart when I found it. It has been unlucky, and it has been destroy by someone who taught it had come to kidnap one of the kids that has dissapeared. But I must tell I am really not sure it was there to kidnap anyone now... but I really think it was not a coincidence that the kids have dissapeared and that flying construct have appeared in the house."

Remove ads