Ashin's Commission: Buried Alive

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: :lol: )

"That...is not a good plan. But we have very few options left us. Say, your goddess is associated with rock, right? Can you use her power to shape stone? We could combine your idea with another of our powers, but they would be after us...but if you could shape the stone behind us to block their path, perhaps we could escape?"

ajanders

Explorer
Michael looks embarrassed.
"I'm actually....not that kind of Selan."

He looks down at the floor.
"I'm not a Mason -- which I've been regretting for the past three days.
I have a spell that will shatter a stone: if we find the right stone, I can bring down an avalanche. I have spells to increase strength: I could probably move a good-sized rock to block a passage.
But I can't shape it."

(OOC: Both Stone Shape and Animal Messenger are domain spells only nowadays. Phooey...)

ajanders

Explorer
"Given the right rocks, yes. We'd better see if we can find the right rocks."
Michael eases back up to where he can see the cave and starts looking at the ceiling.
He attempts to look for a potential natural hazard he could bring to actuality with the application of a shatter spell...preferably right over the exit passage.
He could also apply a Large hammer with a feat of strength (and bull's strength) to the potential hazard.

Block our way out, deal with cutey, honey, treachery, borrow some Fallonese soldiers and burn this place out...I'm gonna die before I get all this resolved.

(OOC: Survival check to avoid natural hazards?
Per the SRD, a 15. Of course, these are not optimal conditions, and I'm really trying to find them, so it's just a guess.
Michael's very first trained survival check (1d20+7=17))

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Michael sees a stalactite positioned in a decently favourable spot. It isn't nearly as good as fully caving in the passage, but it should block it such that the Afflicted will be generally too large to make it through without squeezing slowly one by one, and the big ones certainly won't fit.*

ajanders

Explorer
Michael points, quietly.

"That big stalactite right there. Drop it straight down behind us and it'll pinch the passage off.
The little ones will have to come through one at a time: the big ones won't be able to get through at all. Kill enough of them and we can plug the gap with corpses, if we can't figure out how to collapse the rest of the passage behind us."

That may be the best solution to the problem: bury them underground and let them chew on each other like Kilkenny cats.

Michael decides it's time to ditch his bedroll and trade equipment for speed. Besides, they'll probably be able to track the thing by smell.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That will have to suffice. We will make a distraction, and then we shall both need to run down in there and then up again to the other exit, where you shall drop the stalactite behind us. It seems like a stretch, but if luck is with us, it just may work."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael nods and starts rooting through his pack.
"Be with you in just a moment."

He sorts out ten or fifteen of his less interesting stones and piles them against the side of the passage, then folds the remnants of his bedroll neatly and lays it by them.
(OOC: dropping 10 pounds of gear: the bedroll and a bag of rocks, to go to a light load.)

"I can do without a little weight in this sort of thing."

After he gets his pack adjusted he takes a deep breath and casts Bull Strength on himself -- boosting his strength to 19.

The hammer is out, thong looped around his wrist.

Michael licks his lips and takes a deep breath through his teeth.

"Ready?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No. However, we are as ready as we shall ever be. If you have no more spells, we shall start by calling up a distraction in the opposite direction. Be prepared to both hustle and overrun anything in our way. So shall we?"

Remove ads