Ashin's Commission: Buried Alive

ajanders

Explorer
Michael raises an eyebrow.
"This is interesting..."

He checks the chain mail to see if it will fit him.
He's expecting it to be evil seductress bikini cut, in which case he leaves it strictly alone, but if it will fit a burly man, he's inclined to wear it.

The sword he looks at curiously: does it look like a psicrystal sort of crystal, or natural?
He offers Zaeryl anything he finds interesting, but otherwise scoops it all up but the vestments.

Even if he never finds a use for it, he's denying it to evil.
He replaces the holy symbol with a rock from one of his pouches: unfortunately, he has no time to hallow the shrine and totally cleanse the place of Amphousa's taint.

Put it on the to-do list.
Michael sighs: his to-do list around here is getting longer than his patience.

"Onward and hopefully upward?" Michael indicates the other passage.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*It is chain shirt rather than chain mail, but it would fit. It seems cut for an elf, so it will be tight, but it isn't seductress cut or anything--also, the symbol on it isn't Amphousa's--he can try two more Knowledge Religion checks. The sword looks like natural crystal. Zaeryl isn't too interested in anything except the circlet and the chain shirt, but he'll yield the chain shirt to the man with no armour, as it is clearly more logical. Zaeryl agrees with the sentiment of taking everything in order to deny it to evil.*

ajanders

Explorer
Michael makes two more knowledge: Religion checks
1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=24

(OOC: Is there anything wrong with Invisible Castle? I'm not precisely complaining, but that strikes me as odd...)

Zaeryl gets the circlet. Michael squeezes himself into the chain mail -- though what with all the backpacking and travel rations and failed survival checks, he does note he's lost weight.
Michael straps the rest of the stuff into and onto his pack. He leaves the symbol of Amphousa on the bottom, to avoid confusion.

And we're off!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okey dokey--note again to make sure you don't put the wrong thing on your sheet, it is a chain shirt rather than mail)

[SBLOCK=Knowledge Religion]The arrow is the symbol of Mishtuli, the spider the symbol of Lilitu. Lilitu is a dark elven goddess and Mishtuli is her demonic god-lover, whom she seeks deep underground.[/SBLOCK]

*Zaeryl and Michael continue onward, through mazelike warrenlike passages, until they hear the sounds of life ahead, though still deep within the ocmplex.*

"It is likely the Afflicted ahead...are you prepared to fight them? For our part, we have very little power left...if this is on the way out, we may need to find some place to rest first, though that incurs its own dangers..."

ajanders

Explorer
"It is definitely time to recruit our strength."
Michael replies.
"Let's see if we can find someplace well hidden and escapable."

(OOC: There's a lot of work that has to be done on my character sheet: I'm going to be pounding on that as I can, but I may not have it done until Tuesday. Posts may be infrequent here until then.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zaeryl and Michael find a small dead-end passage that curves into a little alcove. It seems fairly defensible, though they're more-or-less dead if a large group finds them anyway. The good news is that they are out of sight unless the turn is rounded. They set up to rest, and they manage to make it without being disturbed...for now.*

ajanders

Explorer
Michael curls up in the bosom of his goddess, prays for the strength to make it by himself, and sleeps like the dead.
When he wakes up, new power surges through him.

(OOC: Submitted for fourth level: Michael will be a Cleric 3/Ranger 1. He'll never have an optimized build at this rate, I'm afraid)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: :lol: What is it with LEW Clerics and multiclassing into strange classes? I don't think we have one straight cleric of the bunch except for Hogarth, Rinaldo's cohort, who is set to become the first Cleric in LEW to cast 4th-level spells because of that)

Remove ads