Ashin's Commission: Buried Alive

ajanders

Explorer
"Yay."
Michael takes one more look around for anything useful or moving, then steps through the door.
"I'd say we'd hit bottom, but every time I do, we find a door and a way to get deeper."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Should we use this?" Zaeryl withdraws the wand that Almayce had dropped next to them before the others fled, "Best to be in good health...we hope you can withstand the Affliction as well...we do not have the power remaining to put you down if you go mad."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael picks the wand up.
"Yes, I think that would be an excellent idea. As for the madness, I volunteered to bury myself in a cave. Aren't I already mad?"

He wands Zaeryl back to full strength, then himself.
Sorry, Almayce. I owe you a wand...

"Onward and downward! Do you think we'll come out the bottom of the world?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: 6 Charges and everyone is at full)

"That seems unlikely. However, given the elven characters and the underground nature, perhaps this connects to the Underdark. That would not be pleasant."

*Michael and Zaeryl head onward, through several confusing tunnels until they reach a branch where they can continue forward or proceed into a side corridor leading into a small area that seems to have been in use frequently, with additions made quite recently compared to the other ancient construction.*

"Shall we check in there or keep going? The recent use seems to indicate that it is worth checking."

ajanders

Explorer
"Yes, but I'm sure not by anyone we want to meet."

Michael looks down at the ground, once again wishing he was a ranger. When he looks at the ground long enough, it almost starts to make sense to him.
But not quite.
He shrugs.
"Let's try the turn. Aglalia said she'd been down here a lot. That, at least, may have been the truth."

He slips into the side corridor, hammer ready to whack evil.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zaeryl nods and they turn into the area, which leads to a dead-end alcove area that has been cleared out recently and reappropriated as some sort of religious shrine with a symbol of full red lips on a field of darkness, surrounded by myriad candles, unlit, but arranged in a pattern of sorts.*

ajanders

Explorer
Michael makes a knowledge religion check to identify this particular god.
"Great. Just great."
(yes, he says that no matter which god it is.)
http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py?u=no+one&r=1&d=1d20+4&n=&a=Roll+the+dice
(Michael knows religion)

After taking a moment to observe the pattern of the candles, he scoops them all up.
Wohoo! Lights

If the god is actually a good one, he'll leave a few polished stones in their place as thank-offerings. It's a Selan thing. But somehow I expect he'll just be taking the candles.

"Now let's go backtrack the congregation..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The link you gave me caused it to roll a new roll--did you have a particular result you got when/if you rolled it? When I rolled, it wound up modified 7, which isn't even enough for common knowledge (which is DC 10) )

*Zaeryl inspects the shrine as Michael takes the candles.*

"Is there something here?"

*He taps on the back of the shrine, hearing a slight hollow sound.*

"Sounds like a compartment back here...hmm..."

*He starts searching the area for a way to access the compartment.*

ajanders

Explorer
(OOC: I copied the wrong link, then, apparently: I came up with a 23. Sorry.)

Michael moves to help Zaeryl find the secret to the compartment: if they can't find the trigger, he'll break it open with his hammer.

It's not like he expects a book detailing "Ye Eville Planne of ye Villaine" (and he does really think of it, half-humorously, in those terms), but since his total assets consist of a healing wand, a first-aid kit, a sling, two daggers, and his domain powers, anything would be an improvement.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Knowledge Religion]The lips are the holy symbol of Amphousa. Amphousa is a beautiful goddess who offers mortals their deepest desires. Amphousa is an evil temptress, the goddess of lust, who builds uncontrollable desires within mortals and seduces them to great lengths to achieve the object of that desire. Amphousa prefers red-haired followers over others, and her minions are often redheaded succubi. Amphousa has a sister named Disnomia. Amphousa appears as a voluptuous, scantily-clad woman of unparalleled beauty, often with red hair.[/SBLOCK]

*Zaeryl and Michael eventually find the catch, working together (Michael aids and Zaeryl takes 20 for a 25 total). The secret compartment opens, revealing a cleric's vestments in Amphousa's colours cut for comfort and easy motion for a woman. With the neatly folded robe is an ornate silver holy symbol. Additionally, there is a small cache of items that seem to be of elven make, including a slender crystalline longsword, a suit of black mithral chain shirt with a symbol of a black broken arrow, a circlet set with a large black sapphire, a wand with a black widow spider motif as if spiders and webs were crawling over the wand. Finally, there appears to be a non-elven amulet with symbols in a language neither Michael nor Zaeryl reads nor understands.*

Remove ads