TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Right then. Follow me, I guess. This way. I'll take you to her office in the Sice Tower. She's probably there, and if not, we will find someone who knows where she is."

*The student leads Tenebrynn and Kiara through the Academy grounds and richly furnished and carpeted hallways to a large and even more elaborately maintained tower. Walking upstairs, she leads them to a door and then stops, knocking once as she heads away, with a wave of farewell for the guests.*

"Hello?" a woman's voice calls out through the door--it sounds a lot like Sin, "I'm coming."

*The door opens, revealing a stunningly beautiful blonde-haired blue-eyed woman in her early twenties. She is nearly a dead ringer for Sin, but she is younger and more beautiful.*

"Tenebrynn! My, what a pleasant surprise! Do come in, my friend. It's been so long, hasn't it?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ms. Valsice, um yes I guess so. Um do you mind if my um wife joins us? Kiara, please this is Ms. Valsice. I'm afraid I don't remember much, however, so you'll forgive me if I don't remember our past meetings. Actually that is what I had come to the Academy about."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Kiara! It's wonderful to see you again!" Professor Valsice greets before Tenebrynn can finish the introduction.

*She rushes forward to give Kiara a hug before throwing another hug around Tenebrynn as well.*

"Can't remember me. Oh, you kidder, you! That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard for not coming to visit me for so long."

"Kiara, darling! How have you been?"

"Well, Elayna, I've been fine, but Tenebrynn."

*Professor Valsice ushers Tenebrynn and Kiara into the room onto an expensive and silky soft divan:*

"Oh, Kia hun, you know that my friends can still call me Laynie. Now Tenebrynn, let's be serious. What do you need then Tenny? You can get major brownie points if it isn't anything this time and you actual came to see me," she winks.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Oh Laynie, right, sorry you look a lot like someone else. No I'm afraid there are no brownie points for me this time. Do you remember the Crux?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Sure. It was in my mother's tower. We agonised over what to do about it, but it turned out to be harmless as long as it wasn't disturbed, so we left it alone, and it worked out alright. Why do you ask?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well I'm not sure how things ended with what you remember. But for my part I stepped forward to the Crux in an attempt to study it further. To me that was only a few days ago. Time seemed to flux for me and when I came to I was back in Orussus and 10 years had passed."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm? No, that's not what happened. You started to ripple or something--you remember that right? But then you were okay, except you had a headache. Then we checked the Crux and eventually left it alone to continue on our journeys....It must be that you have forgotten everything between then and now, so it seems like you jumped forward ten years when you really didn't. Oh dear...this might be a lingering side effect of those headaches from when you rippled in time. Would you like me to check you for temporal anomalies?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes please. I met with the high priest in Orussus before coming here and he could do nothing for amnesia. I'm hoping that it has something to do with temporal inconsistencies."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Alright then. Just follow me and I'll set you up for a few diagnostic tests. I'm glad to help--and if I can understand what's going on with you, it will surely help me in my research as well. Here, let me set up a magical array. You can just close your eyes and enter Reverie while I do this, if you can. It may take a while."

*Professor Valsice grabs Tenebrynn and promenades him quickly to a testing laboratory, where she sets up the magical array and begins the study. Several hours later she finishes her analysis.*

"Well, Tenny, you have a high concentration of temporal particles swirling through your brain, which seem to be causing some sort of anomalous distortion. That could explain why your mind is experiencing the amnesiac reversion."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'll have to admit, Laynie, that I have no idea what you just said. Where do we go from here? Is there any way to fix it? Will I ever get my memories back?"

Remove ads