Leadership Sidetrek

Rystil Arden

First Post
Xael said:
I'm not sure if I'm just tired (past midnigth here), but you need Leadership score of 18 to have a 4th level follower, so I'm not really seeing a problem. And those 30 1st-level Wizards aren't allowed to appear in adventures.
I read 17, which you get at level 6 with 20 Charisma and the circumstance bonuses (I mentioned them in my previous post and then edited out)--I may have misread the chart though and it could be 18, but I'm still seeing 17. Anyway, I moved this discussion to the leadership thread to stop annoying the shop patrons!

Knight Otu

First Post
(For the sake of cleanness, I'll move the Leadership discussion posts to the other thread later.
I read 17, which you get at level 6 with 20 Charisma and the circumstance bonuses
Best you can get at 6th level with 20 Charisma is 11 +2 for great renown +2 for a stronghold, which is 15, maybe 16 if you allow for the special power modifier. Great Renown is really more of an extension of fairness. And it is definitely a Leadership score of 18 that's needed.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: +2 for renown, +2 stronghold, +1 fairness, +1 special power = 17. Also, I checked, double-checked, triple-checked, made sure it was the light tan line and not the darker one, and then used a piece of paper to cover up the chart in the SRD to prove which line it is. Unless the SRD is wrong (possible I guess), I am absolutely 100% positive that it is 17)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(For the sake of cleanness, I'll move the Leadership discussion posts to the other thread later.

Best you can get at 6th level with 20 Charisma is 11 +2 for great renown +2 for a stronghold, which is 15, maybe 16 if you allow for the special power modifier. Great Renown is really more of an extension of fairness. And it is definitely a Leadership score of 18 that's needed.)
One more missing back in the other thread!

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: +2 for renown, +2 stronghold, +1 fairness, +1 special power = 17. Also, I checked, double-checked, triple-checked, made sure it was the light tan line and not the darker one, and then used a piece of paper to cover up the chart in the SRD to prove which line it is. Unless the SRD is wrong (possible I guess), I am absolutely 100% positive that it is 17)

In Rules and Mechanics

LEW said:
Only the "Has a familiar, special mount, or animal companion", "Recruits a cohort of a different alignment", "Caused the death of a cohort" modifiers to the leadership score are applied. All other are not applied.

That is because Faireness, Reknown, Special Power are too mych subjective. Stronghold could be given to Rinaldo for example, as he has shops, but still there, the would always be some ambigous case... I think Leadership is enough work like that, so only 'objective' modifier are applied. So, you would need a Charisma of 32 to get a follower as strong fo a cohort at level 6... tough chance.

Let's say you have started at 18 or Charisma, you got an item +4 at level 6 (lucky) and you draw a card in teh deck of many thing that gave you +2 Charisma (lucky again). At level 4, you add +1 Cha, you finish with a Cha score of 25, or a leadership score of 13... you got a follower level 2. Not a big deal and anyway, follower never appear in adventure.

LEW said:
Followers represent a number of non-combattants under the character's wings. They can be employees who run and guard the character's shop, followers of the church of the character, or a theatre troop who perform with the character. They will never appear in an adventure and so will never be statted.

Last edited:

Remove ads