How Setting Faithful are You?

When you start a new campaign, do you change to a new setting?

• Yes

Votes: 48 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 54.3%

Have to say it but by making the possibilities only yes/no the poll is not terribly useful. For example, though I said "no" that is really as incorrect as saying "yes". I do not NECESSARILY change settings just because I'm starting a new campaign. Often, even though I'm starting a new campaign I will use the same setting because plot arcs were unresolved, the players are enjoying it, or there is just more about the setting to explore that would go to waste by changing settings. But I sometimes take advantage of the opportunity if I'm tired of the old one, or more interested in taking the next campaign in a different direction.

Such a poll needs to be structured as: WHEN you start a new campaign HOW OFTEN do you start with a new setting? Always-frequently-sometimes-seldom-never?

Hussar

Legend
Whatever happened to people picking the one that was closest to the truth? If you usually switch, pick yes. If you usually stay with the same setting, say no.

hong

WotC's bitch
I'll happily jump from one setting to another, and then immediately start looking for ways to play the exact same characters.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Once I got to the point of really haivng a setting, instead of disconected dungeon crawls, I have not run more than one D&D campaign in a given setting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases