How Setting Faithful are You?

When you start a new campaign, do you change to a new setting?

• Yes

Votes: 48 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 54.3%

Aust Diamondew

First Post
We usually homebrew settings in the group I game with, so a change in DM is a change in setting. Also we don't just do D&D so that's a change in setting too even more so.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Yes, but only because I keep shifting rules systems to try them out, so I go from LEgends of Excalibur (d20) to 50 Fathoms (Savage Worlds) and hope to do Castle Zagyg (C&C, please keep healthy Gary I want you to finish this one).

Hussar said:
Whatever happened to people picking the one that was closest to the truth? If you usually switch, pick yes. If you usually stay with the same setting, say no.

For some of us, it's really too close to pick one that's "closer." I've run a lot of campaigns in different settings, and a lot of campaigns in a select handful of settings that have been used multiple times.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
For some of us, it's really too close to pick one that's "closer." I've run a lot of campaigns in different settings, and a lot of campaigns in a select handful of settings that have been used multiple times.
I would guess that's a "yes" by Hussar's standards. That's why I answered "yes" myself.

BlackMoria

First Post
Most of my campaigns take place in the Realms but it isn't like I am married to it.

I have been 'unfaithful' on occasion with dalances with the Midnight setting, Greyhawk, Eberron and Dragonlance.

My current infidelity is 'War of the Burning Sky'.

Last edited:

The Green Adam

First Post
The yes/no option is tough but...

I have a set of Settings. I usually place my campaigns in one of two or three campaign worlds, though I will create new worlds often for campaigns demanding a flavor or atmosphere that it not consistant with what I've already developed.

drothgery

First Post
Three of the last four campaigns my tabletop group has been in have been in Eberron, but before that if they reused a setting, it was from before I started playing with them. So I went with no.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I said yes. It's not all of the time, but usually when I change campaigns, I change settings. For those playing along at home, the progression has been:

FR
Homebrew Prehistoric setting
Generic
Eberron
More Eberron
Planescape
Greyhawk

Next will probably be either more Greyhawk or Varisa (if Pathfinder touches my fancy).

Demiurge out.

questing gm

First Post
Not sure where to put my vote.
If i run in FR, I will run a different campaign in a different region.
Have several campaign ideas in Eberron or more like set mainly in Sharn alone, so I guess thats several campaigns going to be run there.

Am thinking of taking a shot at Midnight, one on the good side and one on the evil side.

Hmm....i think i will go with yes.

Remove ads