Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: oh good. Then Keldar will buy 2 javelins for 2 gp. And I think it's about time he and Rapture wended their way back to the inn, before Keldar ends up totally wet :p having successfully stalled progress on the adventure for several days while Solange is, er, away :uhoh:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I had intended Tommy to spend the day copying a spell into his spellbook, but checking the rules again, I see that he's supposed to spend a day studying the spell first, make a spellcraft check (which Tommy can make easily taking 10, if allowed), and then spend 24 hours on it. This would make our downtime two days instead of one, which seems... out of character. Tommy's conscience is already pricking him about the rather flimsy rationalizations for "borrowing" Thyrin's magical stuff, and leaving him stuck in the saferoom an extra day just so that we get more use out of it, well... I'm not sure what to do about this. If we can't come up with a way to do it in one day within the rules, or a good IC reason to stay another day, then Tommy will spend the day scribing scrolls instead.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: when something similar came up for Conuld, I think we decided that "a day" was 8 hours, as with the crafting rules, so that a wizard could travel or adventure and then work late (as Tommy did), while the "24 hours" requires setting aside a full day during which no other activity is possible, but it isn't non-stop work - there's still time to eat and sleep, so Tommy wouldn't be fatigued tomorrow. Does that sound reasonable?

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Keldar]"I never thought of it. I just assumed I would never find them," Rapture says sadly. "I know many young children Master had taken had been acquired at the expense of their parents, maybe their lives."[/sblock]

OOC: Rapture is approved :)

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Rapture]Keldar shakes his head, accepting the futility of any search, at least for now, and water flies from his hood. "The gods must know, and perhaps you will find out at the right time." Their conversation seems to have put Keldar in an unusually philosophical mood. But the rain is relentless and the pair are starting to get soaked. "I suppose we had better go back to your room and get out of these wet things," he says, with a flash of the old shameless rogue. But he squeezes her hand to show he is only teasing.[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Keldar]Rapture chuckles, "I might have a dress that would look lovely on you."

She smiles, closes her eyes, and looks up, letting the rain cascade off her face. Her smile grows, and after a few moments she looks back down and continues walking. "Freedom is being able to choose the rain," she says.[/color][/sblock]

Rapture and Keldar return to the tavern, soaked from the hard rain. Rapture appears to be in good spirits despite being soaked. After brushing herself off a bit, she says "I should change, excuse me," and makes her way up to her room alone.

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Rapture]"My other choice is porridgey breeches, so I won't say I'm not tempted," says Keldar. "But-" He breaks off as he sees Rapture's face upturned to the sky, and the light glinting from the water in her hair. He closes his own eyes.

As they come back within sight of the inn, Keldar moves a step or two away, touching his fingertips to hers before he lets her hand drop. "Thank you," he says. "For trusting me."[/sblock]Back at the inn, Keldar looks in on Tarag and Tommy, but both seem busy, so he tiptoes away without disturbing them, and joins Galwynn in the common room.

"Greetings, Galwynn. I bought these." He hefts two simple iron javelins, one in each hand. He mimes hurling them. "Thwumm! thwumm! They'll fly truer over distance than my daggers, and they'll do more harm than an arrow. I'm sure they'll go right to the core of a fire elemental. Perhaps I'll be able to hurt one before it gets too close to us."

"Brr! It's nasty weather outside. Good lady," he addresses the innkeeper, "I would be very glad to sit by a fire and steam myself dry." He takes off his cloak and boots and settles into a chair at the fireplace.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn looks at the Javelins. "They look fine to me. Just remember to let them cool down after you skewer an elemental. Or is the great Keldar immune to hot irons? Seems like it'd be a benefit, in your line of work."

Wik

First Post
"Right. Of course." Galwynn rolls his eyes.

"Just remember that the pointy end goes into the bad guy, and you should do fine."

Remove ads