Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
Galwynn rolls his eyes at all this, and then grumbles "Great. Now the dwarf's caught it, too. Who's next? Tommy?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"You sang last night, Galwynn, and very nicely, too. If given the slightest chance, Tommy will recite from memory great chunks of 'Epicene Wildbloode and the Sword-Maidens of - '" Keldar breaks off, with a glance at Rapture. He jumps to his feet. "That just leaves you, Rapture. Anyway, you raised a serious point. Do we have a plan in mind? I have javelins."

covaithe

Explorer
At the mention of his name, Tommy emerges, ink-stained and bleary-eyed, from the back room he and Tarag have been using as an impromptu scriptorium. "What will I catch next? Is there a disease going around?"

Wik

First Post
"I think disease is a good word for it, yeah." Galwynn says. "I think it's called Warbray fever, and it turns all those infected into fools of the highest grade. You catch it from prolonged exposure to Keldar, here."

shaking his head, Galwynn looks out the window. "Let's head out. We're fully rested, and my bruise isn't goign to be getting any better - thanks for the help, Tarag. Let's kick in the door, and see how much further we can get before one of us gets beaten into dust, shall we?"

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Galwynn should be at full health again, after two nights' rest and with extra healing from Tarag. In fact, all of us should be at full health.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The storm rages hard throughout the night. Lightning strikes close to the town, and you suspect that since Thyrin's tower is particularly tall, it's hit more than once. Nobody except you are patrons at the inn's common room tonight. It seems that the villagers have decided to stay dry, at home with their families.

In the morning storm is less severe, though rain still falls moderately hard. Thunder rumbles, but it is far away. You thank the innkeeper, pay her for the night, and head off to Thyrin's, fully rested, fully healed, and ready to fight fire with... song?

You arrive and immediately dash into the hallway into the common room, to escape the rain. Cassandra is standing outside, the water droplets conduct her sparking form and make her seem more nebulous and less human. She is outside, kept at bay by the same containment field that keeps the rogue elementals inside.

"All ready?" she asks, her voice strangely modulated, possibly due to the rain. You ask her about the wands. "Ah. In case you hadn't guessed, Thyrin is a little p-... protective. He keeps a wand of magic missile and a wand of color spray beneath his pillow, he always has. Is that all? Thyrin is waiting, good luck."

The tower is as you left it, the door on the third floor remains shut.

Wik

First Post
"Let's get to Thyrin as fast as possible, and get him out of here. But with this rain... maybe we could afford to take a little bit of time."

Remove ads