Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Solange

First Post
"Just hold on to your Javalin for now Keldar," Rapture says. "Besides, it's not like I drop like Galwynn."

She winks and smiles at Galwynn.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Let's not put that to the test, huh?"

Keldar bites his lip bemusedly. "Should have bought a longspear," he mutters.

"Well, it's up to Tarag. If he thinks he can send an elemental or two ahead of us, I think we should try that. Perhaps they can fight for us, or perhaps they can cause confusion."

Boddynock

First Post
"Well, uh, channeling the power of the god is a bit ... draining. I can only manage it four times a day - and as you know, it doesn't always work. So maybe we should just head upstairs and deal with what comes. I need to have a clear view of the creatures, and given the tight curve of these stairs that pretty much means being in front."

"I'll just have to hope that we've dealt with all the earth elemental summoning devices - we did, didn't we?"

"But yes, giving me some space then to step back if I need to is a good idea."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Then we do this," says Keldar firmly. "Tarag climbs ahead in front and calls on his god, and then falls behind me. I hurl my javelins and fall back too. Then Rapture or Galwynn moves forward to engage it. Let us hope it is rebuked, but I'll be there to back you up with morningstar and dagger in a trice, anyway. And you can try again, can't you, Tarag? If we get the worst of it, I'm sure Tommy has something up his sleeve."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Two lucky hits," corrects Keldar, helpfully. "Staring into the fire last night, I began to cast into verse the tale of our adventure. The sequence devoted to your meeting with the earth elemental is particularly thrilling."

OOC: I was a bit frazzled yesterday. I remember now that there's a containment field between floors 3 and 4 which would stop us from taking commanded elementals upstairs, so scratch that plan further than it has been scratched already.

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
Galwynn grimaces at Rapture's comment. "Elemental got a lucky hit. It won't happen again."
"Well, my turn to see if I can get lucky," Rapture says. "Besides, someone needs to keep Keldar and Tommy out of trouble."

"After you Tarag," Rapture says as she draws her sword and shield and prepares to follow Tarag.

Trouvere

Explorer
"And there was the one that hit you downstairs, Galwynn," continues Keldar.

"Well, if you won't let me go second, Rapture, then I wasted my money on these javelins. Give me a moment, and I'll strap them to my pack." Keldar rearranges, and draws morningstar and dagger, and prepares to go third. "No further back than this, though. I won't hear of anything else."

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: So marching (stair-climbing) order is:

Tarag
space
Rapture
Keldar
Tommy
Galwynn

Is that right?

IC: Tarag waits until the fine detail of party order is settled, then mounts the stairs, eager to fulfil his contract and get back to the forge. He brandishes morningstar and shield, the white anvil of Chennet' firmly presented to all elemental threats.

Remove ads