IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Autumn

First Post
Fen looks away, rolling his eyes a little, as Xao heaves up his guts. He continues on down to the alleyway, aiming to get to the hovel and have a little poke around before his companions are done gawking at the putrid corpse. He takes in the graffiti and makes a mental note to ask if anybody else can make anything out of it, but for now he's more interested in possible entrances. He takes in the window with a raised eyebrow and then turns his attention to the door.

If this has really been a hideout for their quarry, it seems possible that he's taken steps to give an appropriate welcome to anybody who tracks him here. Alert to that danger, Fen checks the door carefully for any sign of tampering.

[sblock=OOC]Search +6, with Trapfinding.[/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
The sight of the graffiti catches Xao's eye. He moves closer to inspect it, seeing if he can understand the writing. He pauses to rummage in his pouch and withdraw a quill and paper. Taking a few moments, Xao transcribes the graffiti as best as he can, even noting the odd details that don't seem particularly important at this time.

[sblock]
Xao's languages are Common, Draconic, Celestial, and Auran.
[/sblock]

PhoenixAsh

First Post
With his injury healed, Dacen consoles himself that he has likely survived any ill effects from the ghoul's bite. Watching Xao examine the corpse, then heave violently, doesn't do much for his confidence, however. He carefully avoids getting or looking too close to the corpse, and meerly follows both the scout and the shaman as they approach the hovel at the end of the alleyway. He stands patiently at the ready as they perform their examinations, silently brooding on his own thoughts.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The door is securely boarded up, and it doesn't appear that anyone's tried to get inside for a very, very long time. The small window is about 16 inches square. The broken glass is thick with grime, the hole filled with filthy linens. The tattered remains of what appears to be an old overcoat are hung as a crude curtain on the inside.

While the door shows no sign of opening from the outside, Fen thinks that he may be able to reach through the hole to try the knob from the inside.

Xao studies the markings on the door, finding them somewhat nonsensical. He thinks that their original assumption was likely correct, and they transcribe simply to "keep out."

Schmoe

Adventurer
"The graffiti doesn't seem to be anything more than a warning, probably an old one at that. From the looks of things, I don't imagine anyone's been in there for some time. Still, it worries me that something like that," Xao points at the ghoul's corpse, "would be here. We'd best be careful."

Xao walks over to the door and begins trying to pry off the boards, intending to push the door open once he is able to.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen walks over to where Xao works and helps him pry off the boards.

"Let me know if you feel anything... odd with your wound. I'd like to take a look at it tomorrow, as well, if your willing. We should be certain neither of us gets infected with anything," he mentions quietly, while tugging at the boards covering the door.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Xao looks at Dacen, slightly surprised. "Thanks. I appreciate that. You're probably right, too, an infection from that thing could be unpleasant." He continues prying at the boards.

[sblock=OOC]
Does Xao know anything about the ghoul and chance of infection?

Knowledge Religion +6

Also, IG, would you mind linking the Rogue's Gallery thread in the first post? That would make it easier to find Xao's character sheet as needed.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
After several minutes of work, the boards securing the door finally start to come off, leaving only the door itself blocking your way. Even though the boards are removed, the door is still locked from the inside.

[sblock=Schmoe]Xao has never encountered a ghoul before, but has heard many stories. According to legend, the ghoul has the power to immediately paralyze its victim so that it may takes its time devouring him. Other legends say that the bite of a ghoul lingers with a surviving victim, coming back in the form of a debilitating fever a full day later.

Also, you'll find the link to all the game threads in my signature block, in my first post on each new page.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases