Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

kirinke

First Post
Kirinke - yeah, something along the lines of a sort of 'Lightning Lass' would be cool, though would you be an electrical 'controller', or someone who can actually CREATE lightning?

I would say that as a master of elements, she would both create and control whatever elements she manipulates.....

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Jack - actuallly, I specificaly DON'T want characters who're BUILT for combat.. We've got Spike and Temper who look like that's their primary purose, and that's cuz I really liked both of those character concepts, and I'd rather not take on any more. You're students, not X-men, the purpose of the campaign is mutants dealing with each other and with non-mutants, and any battles that happen to come in are not designed for the warrior types. I'm not saying don't have a viable combat strategy, but design your character with your mind on something else, not fighting.

As for your concepts, they all seem to be pretty dark and gothic based, definitely not the theme of the campaign, except maybe for the flower girl. Some of the others might work if you wanna go with the 'gothic/loner type trying to fit in' scenario, but I'm gonna say no right now to anything to do with ghosts. The only ghost related powers in the campaign are going to be Mirandas.

Victim - Though its the same day, it is indeed a different scene, so yes, HP were refreshed after the battle on the lawn.

Jemal

Adventurer
Kirinke - Allright, if you wanna write up the stats and a bit of background/personality, We'll see how she goes... Reading back to your previous, though...
Tempest could probably do that. I was thinking lots of variable power: variable blast, variable create object, ESP, astral form, sense spirit, Communication (She can speak and understand pretty much anything,). Plus some fairly high charisma skills as well. I'd think that alot of her utility powers would be psychic in nature.

Hmmm Instead of Tempest, how about Typhoon. It could be fun to have a bunch of controllers in a group, I mean from what I understand the X-men story line has always been about 'fitting in'.
Not sure if the first portion (Tempest) was a dif character or if you'll be using those same power ideas, but I'd ask you to stay away from anything incorporeal or to do with sensing spirits/life force, I've allready accounted for all of those that I want in the game.

ALSO,
Shayuri - Yeah, Calypso allready in, I meant newcomers as in anybody who was going that didn't have a quick way of getting there (movement powers/phasing/speed/whatever) arrives and rolls init.. quarterback, temper, wolverine, phase.. hmm, that's actually it.

On that note... Updating soon, so Victim if you want Temper to fight this round, better post init soon. :) (And yes, me and your brother talk about you behind your back all the time. :p )

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
Jemal said:
Jack - actuallly, I specificaly DON'T want characters who're BUILT for combat.. We've got Spike and Temper who look like that's their primary purose, and that's cuz I really liked both of those character concepts, and I'd rather not take on any more. You're students, not X-men, the purpose of the campaign is mutants dealing with each other and with non-mutants, and any battles that happen to come in are not designed for the warrior types. I'm not saying don't have a viable combat strategy, but design your character with your mind on something else, not fighting.

As for your concepts, they all seem to be pretty dark and gothic based, definitely not the theme of the campaign, except maybe for the flower girl. Some of the others might work if you wanna go with the 'gothic/loner type trying to fit in' scenario, but I'm gonna say no right now to anything to do with ghosts. The only ghost related powers in the campaign are going to be Mirandas.

Victim - Though its the same day, it is indeed a different scene, so yes, HP were refreshed after the battle on the lawn.

just because the powers are dark doesn't mean the character is! Wait till you see her background XD. I did it in journal format. Anyway, I decided to pick Radical but I don't know about the name. Suggestions anyone?

Chapter One It's a Pirate's Life for Me
[sblock]
It’s a Pirate’s Life for Me
Do you remember when you were a kid and would have those arguments about who’s parents were cooler? It was always “My dad’s a fireman” or “My dad’s a lawyer.” Well I always wondered what I’d say if asked, “My dad’s a pirate.” I doubt anyone would have believed me.
You see, he doesn’t look like a pirate.

He’s a little gruff around the edges but has two good eyes and no peg legs. He does carry around a ‘trumpet’ case with him everywhere so he looks more like a musician. That’s where he keeps Chicory, his favorite rifle.

My mother was a poor soul who thought it would be fun to tag along with pirates for awhile. She got bored eventually and left me when I was five to my father and the crew. I became fairly numb to pain and suffering; after watching Dad shoot up so many boats. “Never leave the crews alive. It just gets you caught.” Good ol’ dad, he was full of advice like that.

I had no idea I even was a mutant until a year ago. It was a damn brutal fight. I was only fourteen then, but knew how to use a gun as well as any of the crew. Dad was training me to replace him when he passed away. I didn’t kill anyone though, just shot up walls and waved around the gun. Somehow I just could never stomach the thought.

Unfortunately, the people we were raiding didn’t seem to feel the same way. One of them shot me in the leg and started speaking in Russian to his friend. They started to come toward me and I couldn’t reach the pistol which had fallen out of my hand. I started to call for dad but knew it was too late. I looked at the men and only knew that I wanted them to be hurt. To leave me alone.

With that thought the blood pooling in my shoe crawled up my leg and shot out at the man who had shot me. It speared him through the heart before cutting up the second man. I was amazed and frightened but filled with adrenaline. I managed to walk/limp my way back to the crew toting a whip made out of my own blood! I showed off by beating a few of the crew that were staring at me funny.

Dad was so proud! He said that having a mutant on board would be a great way of getting an edge on competition. We experimented with small amounts of other’s blood but it never seemed to work. I could only manipulate my own. It felt like an extension of me and just did what I wanted it to. I could make whips, swords and other shapes. I found that I could even make it acidic!

So…that’s my story I suppose. Oh, how did I get here? I forgot to tell you! That was a blast!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal said:

I was planning on making a char who transforms into some monsters but they are more or less combat based (though they vary in their execution of that). He'll be normal for the most part when he is not in one of those forms but some of their abilities have bled off into his normal life (some enhanced senses and regeneration).

Would that be ok or would you prefer something else.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, didn't know slam was so under-rated. I have a choice, lethal or non lethal. Considering what he just saw, in two of them being knocked silly, he'll stick to lethal, to make them think twice on trying that with him.

Yet, on your comment about speed being affected by the icy floor, I don't know if that applies to me. I have wall crawling at full speed capability. Couldn't I just 'hang around', so to say? He's got the spikes for a reason, lol.

So yeah, if you don't mind, I'll go with a straight attack on him, if you'll allow.

kirinke

First Post
Alrighty, Changed her Codename to Wild Kard

[sblock]
Character Name:.........Wild Kard
Character Concept:.....Master of Elements
Quote:......................"Flexibility man. Flexibility."
Identity:...................Secret ID

APPEARANCE
Size:..........Medium
Height:.......5ft 6inches
Build:.........Slender, graceful
Hair:..........Auburn
Eyes:........Changes colour depending on her mood or powers used

ABILITIES
STR:......14 (+2)
DEX:......16 (+3)
CON:......18 (+4)
INT:.......18 (+4)
WIS:.......16 (+3)
CHA:.......18 (+4)
PP SPENT........40

SAVES
Toughness........ 4 + 7 (Shield bonus) = 11
Fortitude...........9
Reflex...............8
Will..................11
PP SPENT:........25

COMBAT
Base Defense:.....5
Base attack:.......4
Melee:...............+6 (feat bonus)
Ranged:.............+6 (feat bonus)
PP SPENT:..........30

INITATIVE:......+3 +4 (feat bonus) = 7
HERO POINTS:..+4

FEATS: 14
Defense attack, improved bock, improved critical, improved sunder, improved trip, instant up, power attack, Teamwork. Jack of all trades, Improved Initative, Luck +3.

SKILLS
Total Skill
7...........Acrobatics.................. (4 base +3 mod)
8...........Computers.................. (4 base +4 mod)
7...........Concentration............. (4 base +3 mod)
8...........Diplomancy................. (4 base +4 mod)
8...........Handle Animal............. (4 base +4 mod)
8...........Streetwise................. (4 base +4 mod)
8...........Tactics..................... (4 base +4 mod)
6...........All other Knowledges.... (2 base +4 mod)
8--------Perform String Instruments (4 base + 4 mod)
PP SPENT: 9

INDEPENDENT POWERS
FLIGHT 4
Regeneration: 5 ranks
PP SPENT 13

POWER ARRAY 1 RANK 10 (PP SPENT 20 + 10 ALTERNATE POWERS =30)
-Continuous Create object: Innate, Variable, Affects insubstantial, Precise, Selective, Movable, Tether, Snare
-Blast: Variable, Affects insubstantial, Precise, Indirect, Innate
-Area Blast: Variable, Ranged Area burst, indirect, Innate
-Dazzle: Variable, Selective, Innate, Indirect
-Elemental Control: Variable. She can control the elements of earth, air, fire, water and electricty. Precise (as Telikensis), Affects insubstantial, Selective, Innate, Indirect, air bubble, freshen air
-Energy Aura: Variable, Selective, Reversible, Innate, Precise
-Elemental Form: Variable
-Ignite
-Elementals: Variable (Can summon elemental spirits to do your bidding, limited to 1 type per round, can't have more than one at a time)
-Datalink

POWER ARRAY 1 RANK 5 (PP SPENT 10 +9ap = 18)
Comprehend languages
Postcognition (uncontrolled, can let others see/experience visions)
Precognition (uncontrolled, can let others see/experience visions)
ESP: No conduit, Simultaneous
Communication: Dimensional, rapid, selective, mental
Spatial Awareness
Thermal Control
Luck Control: Can bestow one of her hero points onto another for their behalf.

1 PP left for a benefit of some sort. I went with the kung-fu feat array, considering that she's an army brat, I'd think her parents would want her to have some sort of self-defense training.
[/sblock]

HISTORY
I was actually born in one of the Hong Kong hospitals while my parents were both stationed there. Did I tell you they are both Marines? Huh. Funny that.

Well. My mutant powers started developing kinda early, mostly the postcog and precog versions of my powers. Talk about terrifying. I mean, I could actually drag others into my visions, willy-nilly, but I'm getting better about that part, I can actually control who I want to see the visions now, though they are still mostly uncontrolled. I can turn them on or off that's about it and even then that's a crapshoot. Oops, language. Sorry...

When I was around thirteen, my other powers started developing, kiinda like overnight it seemed like. I mean voom man. When I started to turn into fire or water or whathave you, my parents knew I needed help.

So here I am. In Xavier's school for the weird and unusual. Oooh sorry. I meant for the Exceptionally gifted.

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I wasn't complaining about much of anything other than my rolls. I'dve been fine if I rolled a little more averageish...but alas!

Heck, I have a complication that I willingly accepted that keeps me from using my good attack power that could potentially severely weaken anyone I hit...I didn't expect to kick ass and take names in most fights.

I did hope to maybe last more than one round.

Shayuri

First Post
I am a little confused by Typhoon. What's her concept?

I thought she was electricity and lightning, but the powers are all over the place. Everything's innate and affects insubstantial...plus ESP and...

Just trying to piece together the "mutant power" that underlies it all.

kirinke

First Post
Ahh no. Her concept is someone who can control the natural elements around her: earth, air, fire, water, cold, electricity, the basic building blocks of life and the universe itself. Her mutant power taps into that primal power and it manifests itself in a variety of different ways.

She's the ultimate wildcard, the child of chaos and nature given form, her mutant ability the focus that allows the power to manifest in her.

I was considering swapping out one of the utility powers for luck control:
She'd have it so that she could spend a hero point on another character's behalf.

Maybe I should change her codename to Wildcard or something similar.

Remove ads