-new resource management
-goes to level 30
-changes to monster roles and encounter design
-explicit ref to Bo9S and SAGA
-setting neutral
-Halfling male cleric

-could be cool
-good
-irritates me as not being "true" D&D but is probably good for a cleaner port to a CRPG/MMORPG
-good
-I've heard only good
-excellent
-a technically fine drawing that is not to my personal taste

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Each paper product will include codes to unlock digital versions on the site for a "nominal" activation fee.
I will be the first to suggest the correlary to this: D&D Minis (other than commons) will have codes to unlock digital versions for use on the virtual game table.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
It's odd, like eight years ago, it was a quiet afternoon at work. I was happily surfing the net when my attention got caught. D&D 4th Ed was being announced !

And like a well oiled machine, like a reflex, my fingers typed www.enworld.org.

And then, I knew I had been trapped again. Like in old times, when EN still meant Eric Noah.

I guess this is just what I needed to come back here after three years...

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Work on the new edition began in 2005, with the major work all accomplished in the last year.

Hmmm, didn't they say only recently that 4ed was a long time away?

Working on it since 05 they MUST have known that 4ed was due next year.

Or am I wrong?

Edited: It seems not, from the inoffical 4th ed site on these boards:

19 February 2007

D&D Experience, the convention previously known as Winter Fantasy, is now over - and D&D 4th Edition was not announced! From "Abyssal Maw" who was present at the show:

The 4th Edition Question gets a lot of laughter.

"I'm surprised it took this long for someone to ask that. It's going to come at some point. It's a long ways away. You'll get an announcement when that happens, but it's a long ways away. We have a lot of good stuff coming out through 2008."

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Tharen the Damned said:
Hmmm, didn't they say only recently that 4ed was a long time away?

Working on it since 05 they MUST have known that 4ed was due next year.

Or am I wrong?

Nope. You are right.
They lied, simple as that.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
Each paper product will include codes to unlock digital versions on the site for a "nominal" activation fee.

I can get behind the idea of this. Even behind the 'nominal' fee (depending on how "nominal" it is).

My immediate concerns are what kind of DRM there is involved. What happens if my computer dies? What happens if the hard drive I have it on is what dies?

Guess I'll just have to wait...

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Jedi_Solo said:
I can get behind the idea of this. Even behind the 'nominal' fee (depending on how "nominal" it is).

My immediate concerns are what kind of DRM there is involved. What happens if my computer dies? What happens if the hard drive I have it on is what dies?

Guess I'll just have to wait...
Or better yet, what happens to us, Linux users ?
Most DRM have the bad habit of not being compatible with Linux...

Remove ads