Gaming with Gygax

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I've noticed that Rel has failed to give me credit for all the brilliant stuff that happened in the game, which was how he spent the whole session, failing to give my brilliant magic-user, Eustace the Moderately Charming, his proper credit.

For example, at one point, I grabbed the cart (was the unconscious elf on it at the time? I do not recall) and use it to slam open door after door in an attempt to draw more wandering monsters and other encounters in our direction!

It was a great time, and I am really glad I got a chance to enjoy a game of the good ole OD&D with that carful of clowns that I love, known as the EN Mods.

Pics to come later. . .

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
el-remmen said:
For example, at one point, I grabbed the cart (was the unconscious elf on it at the time? I do not recall) and use it to slam open door after door in an attempt to draw more wandering monsters and other encounters in our direction!
Yes, damn your oily hide. Yes, I was. At 0 hit points, too.

Stupid cart. Why didn't the gelatinous cube eat THAT?

Gilladian

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Poxy: worthless and contemptible; very distasteful. From chickenpox or smallpox.

But in truth, it's just trying to live up to the example set by Ycorl Rixie and Gleep Wurp the Eyebiter.

I don't think that's the kind of pox they're referring to. Syphillus was often referred to as "pox" in earlier times.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
el-remmen said:

Ok this is actually a massive oversight on my point. I apologize unreservedly.

(contact)

Explorer
Gilladian said:
I don't think that's the kind of pox they're referring to. Syphillus was often referred to as "pox" in earlier times.

Ah, the "elven pox." Yes, we've heard the rumors of a cure disease resistant strain.

Great story, Rel-- thanks for posting.

RabidBob said:
Ok, just one question. Where on earth did you get d20ies in 1838 when he wrote the rules??

Platonic solids have been around since Greek times. Since you're in London, go check out the Imperial Science Museum (or whatever it's called) south of Hyde Park. I saw some there from like 1838 or 1738!

I bet Gary got some of those and painted numbers on.

Remove ads