Playtesting?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Ashrem Bayle said:
So from the sounds of it, those who have accounts on DnDInsider, or are members of the RPGA, have a shot at becoming a playtester. Do we know anything else?

First rule of Play Test is, you don't talk about Play Test!

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
blargney the second said:
Scott, will Canadians be eligible to playtest? I started a thread about it the other day, and I'm still keen to find out!
-blarg

We are not excluding Canadians (or other non-USA residents for that matter) as we discuss the plans.

The only hitch I can foresee is because testers will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement I am not sure how it would work with people outside the USA.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
We are not excluding Canadians (or other non-USA residents for that matter) as we discuss the plans.

The only hitch I can foresee is because testers will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement I am not sure how it would work with people outside the USA.

Scott, I've got a few questions if you've got the time to answer them:

1. How many playtesters do you guys plan to use?

2. How many must be in the RPGA?

3. Do you know when the application is going to be available? This week or "sometime in September"?

4. What format will the playtest documents be in? I'm wondering it will resemble the final product with art and some layout work, or if it'll be a stack of xeroxed napkins with scribbles on them.

5. Will there be a supplied adventure or will you guys just send the rules and tell us to go to town on them.

6. Who should I send the check to, and/or provide sexual favors for, to insure I get in? :p

The_Baldman

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
She better have Those Seahawks tickets or you're out PC ;)

Why would you want those ? You already got beat up by the Packers (again in fact after losing to them last year as well). So that means Tulach and Bulmahn should already be bugging ya. Though by DDXP everything will have been decided who owes a drink or three to who and I'll host the party again.

Dave

Scott_Rouse said:
We are in the process of determining the selection criteria for play testers we''l keep you posted.
Let me say that I believe being a former ENnies judge should feature high on the list of requirements.

What? I got nothin'. :D

ozedge

Explorer
playtesting

I'm hoping international playtesters get a chance :)

Being an Australian player it would def be cool and give the game that nice rounded testing :)

mhensley

First Post
BlueBlackRed said:
Hmm, I wonder other qualifications would be a plus?

Well, I would guess-

• RPGA member
  • DDI member
  • has a current D&D group that wants to playtest
  • has internet access
  • 18 or older

Luckily, I have all of these qualities. :cool:

Remove ads