Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 2 (No Judge Yet)

Patlin

Explorer
Continued from the original adventure by Paranoia833.

Quick Housekeeping Bits
Please use invisible castle to make all the dice rolls you would make in a normal game. It completely bogs me down if I have to do the rolling for the PCs as well as the NPCs, and if I get bogged down I don't update as often and things spiral out of control and... well, you get the point. Please?

(I'll do the dice rolling if you simply cannot, for whatever reason. If such is the case, make sure to post the modifiers.)

I will mostly use Invisible Castle as well, and generally I post the links for each roll. If I miss one or two, you are welcome to do a search there under "DM Patlin" to see what I've been up to. Being more-or-less human, I will occasionally screw something up. If I do and you tell me about it quickly, I'll fix it. If we figure out a mistake several rounds later, though, I may simply decide you're stuck with it. :eek: Example: If I'm applying sneak attack damage to your character and I forgot you've got a blur spell up, tell me right away!

Also, please be cautious when using sblocks and the title box. Depending on how I'm acessing the board, I sometimes can't see stuff in those two places. For example, I use "topic review" a lot when resolving combats, and that mode doesn't show any titles.

Finally, I don't generally used colored text, as it often seems it causes someone to have trouble reading it. If you want to use colored text, I use the default black background, and bright colors are apreciated!

Reference
XP Award #1

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
After a considerable amount of further conversation, which Alysina continually tries to reframe as negotiation, the dialog breaks down. Alysina begins to suspect that the Deneith guardsman actually lacks the authority to put her on the payroll, but is reluctant to admit it, and the guardsman begins to feel that Alysina might not have any information of immediate use. He kicks the disguised changeling out of his office with a few last empty threats related to interference with an official investigation.

The party soon gathers together a few blocks away, giving Alysina the opportunity to share the significant information she has managed to gather. Whether she acts on the opportunity is up to her, of course.

Feel free to fill each other in and then let me know what you are doing next.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Aww man, I guess that's the casualty of the switch-over--the guard guy was actually Friendly/Helpful to Alys and seemed almost certainly about to agree when Erekose dropped X_X I was sooo looking forward to that writ, too.

Also, Alys definitely did have information of immediate use to him. I'm okay with just skipping forward and handwaving that part if such is the plan, but can we do it in a way that hurts Alysina's reputation a bit less than getting the guard pissed at her--she already had to suffer a 'failed investigation' along with Rionus from the last game, and she wants to have a good resume :()

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: OK, I can modify slightly to accomodate that. Alysina wns the guard over, and he sheepishly admits he doesn't have the authority to add anyone to the payroll. She can choose to provide him information anyway just to supplement her reputation, if she pleases.

It'll help me to get started, though, if we have the whole party in one place, filled in, and deciding on a course of action. I'm therefore sticking with the scene switch.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okey dokey, sounds good to me! Just happy to keep going.

A few things to keep in mind--First, before she fills them in, she's going to retrieve the stuff to keep her alive/not-insane that you might have seen mentioned in the SBLOCK with the Gnome. She was heading for it when Weapon and the guards had the little altercation.

Second (as mentioned upthread a few times), if she doesn't get the guards' patronage, Alys plans on having the others wait for a bit while she checks out Morgrave, The Six, and all other possible avenues of pursuit for better patrons since she's currently of the opinion that their patron isn't paying even nearly enough for it to be worth trying the crazy and dangerous task without a supplemental source of income)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: You might want to make an in character proposal to head back to the scene of the fire, then. Also, you might want to fill them in on the way. I make no guarantees that the situation will not deteriorate over time!

Rystil Arden

First Post
*After Alys leaves the guards, muttering a bit to herself, she tells everyone to hold on a minute while she goes to get something important she left behind. She then heads back to the house by herself to retrieve the items she needs from the safe.*

*Once she has accomplished this (OOC: Or stop me if it isn't as easy as the gnome made it sound!), she heads back to the others and lets them know of the following--*

"Hi again everyone! Alysina Verani, as always, on duty! So, yeah guys. It turns out what's going on is this: There's a big evil Aberrant Dragonmark thing belowground that the gnome was investigating. It causes people to go insane and start killing, including his former team, but thanks to me, we should all be safe. So mystery solved!"

"The trouble is that Gnome guy wants us to take on a very dangerous task...he has offered us a clearly insufficient amount of gold for our services on what may be a suicide mission. Of course, we're basically the only ones who can do it, so my plan is to get us a better patron, and then we can go try. What do you think?"
she asks the others.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"I will accompany you. The building is still unstable, and assistance may be needed. I know also where the safe is. Do you need accompaniment for your protection on your other search?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...it would probably best if I looked through my other contacts alone. The Merlock Gnomes were known for the phrase 'Let's split up, gang!'. Also, I still have a nagging feeling that we lost a lot of momentum last time when everyone got back together again. It's like we said before--some of of us are very good 'bad cops', and I'll bet they got lots of info out of that halfling girl, but sometimes, it pays to present a friendlier face. Literally pays, you know? Oh dear, sorry for the pun guys!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases