Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 2 (No Judge Yet)

Wik

First Post
Brelach shrugs. "The more money you can get, the better. But I don't think we should send you off alone - what stops you from negotiating five thousand, and telling us you negotiated three?"

Brelach leans against a nearby wall, and pauses as if to consider something. "I think I should go with you. And don't worry" he grins. "I can be charming if I want to."

Wik

First Post
"I was bored." Brelach shrugs. "Trust me, I can handle myself. Besides, this sounds like magic might be involved, and I have a few contacts in the Arcane Congress who would be interested - especially interested in getting involved, if we can convince them that The Twelve have already given us an offer."

OOC: I really just want in on the adventure, as opposed to splitting the group up again. I still have little idea what's going on.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: At the adventure's start, Alys might have been willing to let some others go with her, though that remarkably hampers her ability to disguise who she is and get offers in multiple identities, but after the fiasco at the guard station, it just is not believable at all that she would even consider letting him come. It's like a lose / lose horribly situation for her ;)

If this is a metagame-based request, we could try to come to a metagamey agreement, but I'm not sure how satisfying that would be either)

Wik

First Post
(OOC: I sort of regret Brelach's little guardhouse fiasco, but this is the sort of thing I'm likely to do when the only imput I've had in an adventure is choosing which tavern to interrogate the bad guys at, and I'm playing an obvious jerk.

The fact is, the thing that *really* hurt this adventure is that it's actually two adventures, and one PC had the major information-gathering role, while the rest of the party was focused on acquiring one minor piece of information.

Brelach is, if you read his background, something of a 'spy'. While he did act a bit rashly earlier, he's usually the type of character to fill in a role similar to Alys. I can understand why it would be out of character to have him trail along...

...but, that being said, I really don't want to be sitting in another couple of months where one group sits back and watches what the other group does. Personally, I'm all for saying "Alys finds us a patron, now let's go into the dungeon" in a single post.

But if Alys is going to be trying to find us an employer, I want the whole group involved.

My two cents.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Personally, I'm all for saying "Alys finds us a patron, now let's go into the dungeon" in a single post.

Yup. I was hoping exactly for something of that ilk as well. Like a post or two. I would be upset if we had to branch again (not even just for Brelach, but Arvan and Weapon definitely aren't negotiators, and I want them to get some action soon if they can). This looks like it will be a great advanture, but the motivation of the characters makes sense that they would be looking for more money--we are sitting on something that powerful people should clearly pay tons of cash for, and I have a feeling that if everyone told us 'Screw you. We aren't paying' or there was just a sudden surge of the problem and we ran out of time to get patrons, etc, a lot of us would just go somewhere else and let Sharn and the people who refused to pay us suffer for their greed as 'entropy increases' and all that :lol:

Patlin

Explorer
ic: Alysina considers the situation, and when Weapon mentions protection a cold chill goes up her spine. Is it a 6th sense, warning her of danger? Perhaps it was a cool breeze, or a mere bit of indigestion, but perhaps it was more. She realizes even with her abilities to disguise herself, going off alone might be unwise.

ooc: If Alysina goes off by herself, I will split this into two threads. I want the adventure to continue for everybody, and that's hard to do when everyone is split up. If you can find an in character reason to let the other players in on the important information Alysina is in posession of, that would be nice, but we are kicking this off soon.

Also, if anyone intends to follow Alysina whether she wants you to do so or not please clarify that. Alysina would need to figure out how to ditch you, which she could probably manage if she went to sufficient effort.

Wik

First Post
Well, I know Patlin is the DM of all this, so it's his say, but I'd be happy with each PC picking an employer or someone that they know who would be interested in paying us money, and then making a check of some sort. Some quick ideas of who would be interested:

Alys mentioned Morgrave, or the Six. Brelach knows some people in Aundair's Arcane Congress. I know we have someone with a Dragonmark, and that would definately merit some chasing. We could get someone else to ask The Twelve. And finally send someone to speak to Sharn's government.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Ah, Patlin posted the same time I did.

I think we're all in agreement that the group should be acting as a whole. I really think something quick and painless would be the way to settle things.

Personally, I want to see Weapon crack some skulls.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: If everyone decides to simply trust Alysina to do it, and leaves her to her own devices, I will also try to accelerate that. Assuming she isn't attacked in the process, that is.

Remove ads