Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 2 (No Judge Yet)

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah. And I'm glad to hear it. Brelach already tried to annoy some guardsmen, simply because I was bored and wanted to actually have a say in the adventure.

In character, I think Brelach would insist on asking around, himself. The Arcane Congress is his first choice, although he'd also hit The Twelve, since I'm sure he's worked for them in the past, too.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: We can assume that Alys takes Weapon as a bodyguard to grab the stuff. She trusts Weapon the most of anyone here. And she gave the info upthread, though I understand it hasn't happened quite yet--it'll happen soon :))

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Why don't you try with your contacts and I'll try with mine? We will cover more ground that way, and if we get two additional patrons instead of one, so much the better--it'll be like when the Merlock Gnomes were solving the Mystery of the Twin Amphoras."

(OOC: It goes without saying, this extension of the above conversation, like the rest of it, continues to happen after she has the stuff from the house and has then filled everyone in)

Patlin

Explorer
Alys and Weapon troop off to the scene of the crime. Nothing bad happens, and they return with potions which may allow party members not otherwise immune to remain uncorupted by the warping energies below. Weapon's presence may have averted whatever possible danger Alys's sixth sense detected, if it was not just her imagination.

On her return, Alysina also manages to convey the promised information.

After some inquiry, it turns out that your *current* employer is working with the twelve. Alysina manages to poke and prod a bit, and manages to obtain a promise that the twelve will supplement the current employer's promised wage if the party recovers something they deem particularly valuable. Time, however, may be of the essense. If you spend additional time seeking out patrons, you may be beaten to the prize and wind up not getting paid at all.

Is everyone ready to set out?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh goody--this is so exciting! Is everyone ready to go? Let me show you where the Gnome said to go to reach the crazy Aberrant Marks and the insanity below."

"Let's set out the good scouts to check for trouble. Weapon should also stay near the front because he is powerful and a solid defender, but he is slow, so having the head start will help. Everyone else, choose where you think you fit best."

*Alys takes a spot in the middle of the group and follows the path described by the gnome carefully, leading them down to the place with the aberrant marks, well, unless they're ambushed first!*

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Weapon is probably the least likely to look for additional patrons. He is less in it for the money than to stave off his inevitable entropy. That being said, he's pretty sure someone with a big mouth will get themselves in trouble because that's what you folks do. :)

That being said, I agree with get the action going for everyone soon. The multiple splits served its purpose already.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Brelach nods to himself. While Alysina was gone, he asked around on his own, and stopped to pick up a meal at a tavern. He is still munching on some bread when he says "Let's go. But let's go quickly - if I'm going to go insane, I'd rather do it while I still have a full stomach."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon followed, his battered brown coat fluttering in step. "Is this mental eroding a danger to all who think or only to the non-constructs? Aundair enchanters once attempted to befuddle our unit near Nowhere, but only our human commanders were affected"

Remove ads