Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Side Action Thread A [3.5E D&D] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
*RingRing* Helllo. Message for Tauvelak Dusksprocket!

[MENTION=7776]KerlanRayne[/MENTION]

Kerlan Rayne feels that peculiar itch between his ears that means someone is trying to communicate with him magically. He should probably excuse himself to a private area where he won't be disturbed.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Hmmm, I'm buzzing. That means someone is trying to contact me. Pardon me while I take this." Tau moves away from the others to a secluded location in order to accept his message.

Leif

Adventurer
Professor Drummond Bitterstaff

"Tauvelak. Professor Bitterstaff here. Richard tells me that you're amenable to the idea of bringing your fellow constables to give us a bit of assistance in dealing with cleaning up a bit of overflow. Is this true? It's not that bad, really, just one or two tanar'ri got away from us and need to be dealt with. We can get you fellows to them, and get you home again. Can we count on your help?"

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Most likely yes, but we would need more information. What kind of tanar'ri are we talking about? Is this related to the location I spoke to Richard about? He disappeared very quickly after our conversation without any explanation. Will we be brought up to date on the entire situation once our task is over?"

Leif

Adventurer
Professor Drummond Bitterstaff

"Well, we don't exectly have time to play 20 questions here. If you fellows aren't interested, then we'll call upon someone else, let's see now, that other group of adventurers in the 14th was called what again ... oh, yes, here it is ... The Fur Burners. Maybe they'll help us out. Thanks, anyway, Kerlan," and the connection is lost.

OOC: Kerlan, you might want to seriouswly re-think looking a gift horse in the mouth. Prof. B. was trying to do you a favor, and he knows very well what you and your group are capable of doing.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Once again, Tau said the wrong thing and it blew up in his face. It had been a while since the last time this happened, but it always happens. He could think of no way to regain contact with the professor in time so as to attempt to put things right. With shame in his heart, Tau heads back to the others to inform them of his latest mistake.

Leif

Adventurer
Tau once again gets that peculiar itch that means someone is trying to contact him mentally. [Please excuse yourself in the main IC thread before accepting the communication?]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Once again Tau's head pops up in excitement. "Oh, oh, oh, oh!" he blurts out. Jumping to his feat he cries "Don't blow it, don't blow it!" while running from the room.

Tau answers the communication with hope. "Hello? Professor?"

OOC: I couldn't think of a way to contact him. I don't have any communication spells available at the moment.

Leif

Adventurer
Profeswsor Drummond Bitterstaff

"Yes, Tauvelak, well, you may be in luck, in seems that the Fur Burners are even less willing to accept this commission than the Special Squad. We will of course provide tansport to and from the scene of the accident ... uh ... job that is ... and all you will need to do is provide some muscle and maybe spell power, if you have anything that can beat their resistance, and basically knock some heads together. Your reward will be commensurate with your assistance. That is to say, each of you shall receive a roughly equivalent reward on those terms, plus you shall also receive some spell credit that you may redeem for copying into your spellbook along with any special instruction that may be needed, or you may redeem it for scrolls of spells that you already have in your book, or any combination of the two. Are those terms acceptable? Just to forestall any hesitation, let me assure you that the monetary reward will be generous, but not overly generous."

Remove ads