Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont (Rinaldo) said:
"Everyone, the person you have seen is Rayne Liore, one of the headmistress of the Chromatic Order. She is a powerful wizard of great knowledge. As she has told, there is no reason to panic yet. Dark cloud is gathering at the horizon and we need to prepare ourselves. The storm is not for tomorrow, but it is an hurrican that will strike us. I know only the great line of what is coming and some consequences. Everyone helps will be welcome, but I can't promise any material reward at the end. But this is more than a simple contract you can join in the RDI for a few golds, this is to stop a threat that could change the world as we know it." Rinaldo tells. He seems serious in his words and carry alot of emotion, just as he had lived once that event, but also showing a lot of hope. (OOC: Diplomacy roll to see how his speech was: 38, that should be enough for any indifferent person to Rayne speech to become helpful :p )

Nurlan listens intently to Rinaldo's partial explanation, then after a pause speaks up. "That was Rayne Liore? I have heard tales of such a remarkable person. I thought it strange that a half-elf should be carrying insignia from the Academy of the Chromatic Order, for all accounts of that august school describe it as a place run by and mostly for pureblooded humans. I think it an honour to have been invited by someone of such repute to what must be an important council.

"Friends -- by that word I mean all of you hear, those I have long known, those I have just met, and those to whom I have not yet been introduced, for I expect that our coming journey will make friends of all of us -- listen to what I have to say. I came to this party and just minutes ago entertained you all as Nurlan the minstrel, but I shall depart as Sir Nurlan, knight of Monemvassia. It is a role I had hoped I had put behind me, devoting my life as I have always intended to singing of heroism rather than performing it. But the true hero is a hero by choice only insofar as he chooses to respond to circumstances; he is not one who chooses to be called to heroism. We all have, without our choice, been called; each of us must decide whether to answer the call.

"I do not understand what this appeal was about, but I do know this. Rayne Liore is not one to sound such an alarm frivolously. If you travel to the six corners of the world you will never hear of a more prestigious body of arcane learning as the Academy of the Chromatic Order. The half-elf we just heard from has been recognized by the Academy as one of its leading lights, head of one of its houses -- I think the only half-elf to have earned such an honour. I think if she tells of a world-shaping crisis on the horizon, she knows what she speaks of. My horse is waiting down the street. I shall leave for Medibaria in the morning, ready to learn more of this great danger and what we all can do about it. I urge everyone hear to join us. Fate has given us the call; how we answer it may be the truest test of character any of us will ever face."

Nurlan's Bardic Knowledge: 21
Aid another (Rinaldo's Diplomacy): 15
Rinaldo's Diplomacy check is now 40.

If needed, Nurlan will subsidize travel costs for impecunious adventurers. Unfortunately, he only has 232+change GP with him (most of his cash is stashed at the amphitheatre in Monemvassia) but he'll contribute what he can.

Velmont

First Post
As Nurlan finish his speech, Rinaldo turns toward him

OOC: Only charisma test, so I only get +3 (and 170 craft points for a DC: 17 roll). That gives only 30% chance for Rinaldo to make it. And if I look at the roll, no way I will get that favor. Also, Opale (and many other casters) can cast Mount, so finding horses shouldn't be such a problem.

jaker2003

Explorer
Velmont said:
Rinaldo scans the crowd and find Vanitri "Vanitri, how long does it take exactly to go from here to the Chromatic order? I have only travelled there by teleportation."
Jace turns toward the voice, Teleportation? An excellent idea! A few could teleport ahead to secure lodging while the army marches to the council. . . If there are enough able mages, the straglers could just be teleported ahead, hastening the march. Jace takes another sip from his new wine glass.

ajanders

Explorer
"Michael, you're squashing me..." squeaks Roselynn.

Michael blushes and sets the Freefolk maiden back down on her feet.
"I...her..."
He blushes.
"I hope I didn't hurt you."
"No, but who was that? And what are you doing with that candlestick?"

Michael blushes again and eases his white-knuckle grip on an elaborately worked silver candlestick.
"I thought she was someone ... else."
"And you wanted to give her a candlestick?"

Michael studies the fascinating detail of her embroidered slippers.
"Ummm...yes?"

Roselynn waits for him to look up for a few minutes, then raps him sharply on the crown of the head.

"Ow!" Michael rubs his head.
"Ow yourself." Roselynn replies, rubbing her knuckles. "You have a very hard head."
"I get told that a lot."
Michael catches her hand between his and whispers a word of healing, stomach knotted tight with worry. When the cure minor wounds spell flows through him, he lets out a long relieved breath.
"There." he smiles. "Better?"

"Of course it's better! It was never bad!"
Roselynn relents.
"Thank you. And don't be so silly next time. What's the worst that can happen -- suddenly I get attacked by a pair of murderous trained fighters?" She grins.
"Or a demon is going to appear and snatch me up?"
Michael's return grin is a sickly thing.

Michael looks down again and decides to examine his toes for a change.
Yes. He has shoes. Black shoes, with a buckle and strap.
Shoes are easy to look at.

A hand ruffles his hair.
"Don't be like that, please? It's silly, but sweet. You do know I'm teasing you, right? We used to do that."
Michael looks up at her seriously. "I lost my sense of humor on the road back from Duvik's Pass."
"We'll find you another. Hey, with Mongrel's guidance, we can find anything. Including a sense of humor for a Builder."
"Commander." corrects Michael.
"Him too. Look, big brother has that adventuring look in his eye, so I'd better make sure the camp is ready to move in a hurry. You're welcome to come along. Are you staying at the Dragon?"
Michael shrugs. "I don't know yet. I need to hear a little about this council business and see if I'm needed. May I come to say good night?"
"Of course you may, silly. You may stay overnight, if you wish. I can find a bed for you."
"I've got a tent in my bag. Thank you."
Roselynn looks at him with amusement, then runs off to the camp.

Michael turns towards Rinaldo and his group. Suddenly his mouth goes dry as he realizes what she meant. Or thinks she meant. No...

"Nun..dya...gwaah?"
He sits down heavily.
"Ohhh..."

Dear Sela. Please grant me the spell Comprehend Women. Thank you.

"Tent." he mutters under his breath as he heads towards Rinaldo. "Definitely the tent."
Wagon?
No. Bad thought. Tent.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The other good thing about the Mount spell is that you can just summon another horse when the first one gets tired, so that way you can travel 16 hours at probably 40 speed because it will be encumbered.

As for teleportation, not a single PC can do it. We have multiple Wizards 9 and above, but all of them stunted their casting ability with multiclassing. Currently, the only PC caster of 5th-level anything is my Psion, who's not here right now)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Rinaldo will probably travel with the group, but if he sees he is to arrive late, he will travel with Opale and Hogarth to travel faster, Opale memorizing many Mount for the group.

TheOcho

First Post
Staying near the back Maladar doesn't know what is causing the commotion. Not until he sees a couple people raise there swords and swear their lives and souls on something. Moving further into the crowd he catches whispers and other excited talk about the Chromatic Order needing help. "Hmm, this might be the big break I am looking for." Speaking loudly to the group in the center of the commotion, "Maladar here. I may be hasty in giving my help for a cause that I know nothing about, but I am willing to help out where I am needed." He looks around a little embarrassed that he spoke up in front of such experienced people. People that probably will look down on him for being so young.

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I don't think there is--putting a way station every eight hours would be rather aggravating, I would think, and playing in a few games that went up that way, I don't remember so many of them.

OOC: Assuming the world doesn't end, I suspect Rinaldo has found a new business opportunity.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That plan requires 2 Mount spells per person so you can go 16 hours a day, and it will get you there in 9 days. Two Mounts per person is something like 80ish spells a day of 1st level or higher--you only count if your caster level is 4 or higher (if it is 2 or higher, each of yours counts for 1/2, and if it's 1, you can't really help at all). You have Elektra, Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Opale, Almayce, and maybe some young whippersnappers. I doubt that have so many spells even if they load up on only Mount, though it may be close. If Nodis helps with Astral Servants, together it is probably enough, though)

Heckler

First Post
BigB said:
Khairi moves closer to hear more of this danger to the world. Octavio, what do you say should we lend our blades? If we must fight any women leave them to me, it seems you have a soft spot for them :lol:
"I was only being gentlemanly, which is more than I can say for you, you big brute," Octavio replies in mock indignation. "And I thinks we should sign up now before someone else grabs all the glory."

Remove ads