Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Richard Rawen

First Post
Standing against the far wall, Richard notices the commotion as the woman leaves, a stir spreading out from the center of the crowd.
B4cchus said:
. . . He unsheets his greatsword and, while holding it in the air, he yells with a loud voice "Hulgyr will get em! No slaver will rule us! Les go to Madibaria!"
Richard looks around a bit alarmed, he sees no sign of immediate danger, yet with no armor nor weapons he feels terribly exposed.
Stepping forward to where several people stand speaking animatedly, the young fighter listens in and learns of the impending (though not imminent) danger.
Turning towards the exit he seeks out Rinya, to share the news, then returns to pledge his blade and blood. "I am Richard apRawen, fighter. I will serve this cause. Where and when can I be of service?" He asks this of what appears to be the leaders of the gathering.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bison said:
Droggle listens to the hushed wispers and sometimes paniced voices of some partygoers. He is not sure he believes all the doom and gloom prophecies, but he may need an excuse to get out of town for a while, so he steps forward to volunteer with the rest
(OOC: :lol: "Meh, there probably isn't any real danger or necessity for this, but I need an excuse to get out of town for a while, so I figure might as well risk my soul, right, so yeah, what the heck? It could be worse--I could be staying in town." :D)

Velmont

First Post
"Sir ApRawen, your sword will be welcome. Get prepared for the morning of the day after tomorrow. We will meet at the gate to Fallon. From there, we will head to the Chromatic order. That gives you a whole day to prepare yourself. Anyone who want to travel with me is welcome. You can join us later if you have unfinished business to do here before coming." Rinaldo scans the crowd and find Vanitri "Vanitri, how long does it take exactly to go from here to the Chromatic order? I have only travelled there by teleportation."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: 550 miles. That's under 12 days on swift horses (unencumbered light horses or warhorses) on the road through Fallon. About 17 days by foot if you hustle for one hour and do two hours of forced march every day. You can also cut across the wilderness, in which case it is only 350 miles. You can do that much easily in time on foot (except halflings and gnomes and dwarves and other 20 foot walkers who need ponies or such to keep up with speed 30) without risking fatigue by just hustling one hour each day

I think that you actually may have 0 Druids in this whole big group to cast the LEW-specific spell that doubles long term overland movement speed for the whole day, but with that, it would be a breeze)

Velmont

First Post
"I suggest to travel light and on horse, the chromatic order is at 12 days of riding by road." adds Rinaldo after Vanitri imput.

OOC: Is there a service of cab with relay that allow you to travel night and day from Orussus to Medibaria, just like you can see in the Dumas novel. Two weeks is a short notice for a twelves day travel. Anyway, I suppos ethere will be no encounter on the way.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't think there is--putting a way station every eight hours would be rather aggravating, I would think, and playing in a few games that went up that way, I don't remember so many of them. Although, I suppose it makes fiscal sense to place an inn or waypoint at each one day mark along the road, I just don't think it would be consistent to have them. That said, I doubt that the whole entourage can afford horses, and I doubt even more that they could all keep the horses in light encumbrance (in fact I'm sure they cannot).

As to the timing, everything has a reason. This isn't just a Wizard Council, and politicians can be finicky.)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Ok, if needed, Rinaldo will take the next day to pull string and using his connection (class feature) to make sure everyone here can have a way to travel to the council in time. Just for the fun of using it at least once.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That sounds good. Transportation for 50ish people...well it isn't dangerous or formidable, but it is a lot of people. I'd say DC 17. What does he add to that, Trader Level and Charisma Bonus?)

Someone

Adventurer
(ooc: It's rather expensive power point wise, But Nodis can travel rather quickly using Astral Servant, specially if he has them carry him -say, using Minor creation to fabricate a palanquin- instead of riding them: the rules are diferent if you carry someone instead of being his mount. Since the Servants are constructs they can hustle without penalty, and I can make Servants with speed 60.

Also a very stilish way to travel!)

"Two weeks is plenty of time to arrive there." says Nodis. "I bet I can make it in less than one"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It is also worth noting that many of the Wizards here who aren't barred from Conjuration have Phantom Steed and can thus outpace even Nodis's impressive time significantly. With Phantom Steed if you travel for a full 24 hours straight, you'll be in Medibaria if you have maximum caster level. No PC does, so it will still take just very very barely over two days, including an eight hour rest to recover spells, at caster level 8. A little more but still under 3 days with caster level 7)

Remove ads