Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Azmodaen

First Post
Ashmodai - Maenad Lvl 1 Wilder

Ashmodai steps up to Rinaldo inspired by his speech. Frowning towards him after hearing the somber new he says gruffly

"If you are glad to take all comers I will gladly join you on this adventure. I have done nothing more than some simple exploration of caves, but if it means I can help stop our enslavement then surely anything I can do is better than doing nothing."
Ash then nods to Rinaldo and smiles

ajanders

Explorer
TheOcho said:
"Maladar here. I may be hasty in giving my help for a cause that I know nothing about, but I am willing to help out where I am needed."[/color] He looks around a little embarrassed that he spoke up in front of such experienced people. People that probably will look down on him for being so young.

"Have you ever looked at a stone wall? In the mortar of the wall are tiny grains of sand.
It is said there was once a mason who thought little of sand: preferring mighty blocks of basalt and granite. He made his mortar without sand and when the river rose it washed his mortar out and tumbled his granite blocks.
The river is rising tonight. There is need even for grains of sand."

He projects his voice in a low rumble that fills the room without being loud, following Nurlan's lead.

(Aid another: Rinaldo should be at 42. At this point I think the waiters may be ready to take up arms and join us)

Michael's cloakless diplomacy check (1d20+11=21)

Heckler

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
Standing against the far wall, Richard notices the commotion as the woman leaves, a stir spreading out from the center of the crowd. Richard looks around a bit alarmed, he sees no sign of immediate danger, yet with no armor nor weapons he feels terribly exposed.
Stepping forward to where several people stand speaking animatedly, the young fighter listens in and learns of the impending (though not imminent) danger.
Turning towards the exit he seeks out Rinya, to share the news, then returns to pledge his blade and blood. "I am Richard apRawen, fighter. I will serve this cause. Where and when can I be of service?" He asks this of what appears to be the leaders of the gathering.
Rinya re-enters at Richard's beckoning and smirks at all the hubbub. "Fifty plus adventurers mounting up and leaving Orussus together? So much for subtlety. But if that lady needs this many swords there's got to be lots of things that need killing. I'm in."

Rystil Arden

First Post
ajanders said:
"Have you ever looked at a stone wall? In the mortar of the wall are tiny grains of sand.
It is said there was once a mason who thought little of sand: preferring mighty blocks of basalt and granite. He made his mortar without sand and when the river rose it washed his mortar out and tumbled his granite blocks.
The river is rising tonight. There is need even for grains of sand."

He projects his voice in a low rumble that fills the room without being loud, following Nurlan's lead.

(Aid another: Rinaldo should be at 42. At this point I think the waiters may be ready to take up arms and join us)

Michael's cloakless diplomacy check (1d20+11=21)
(OOC: Wpw, imagine what the check result would have been if Michael also lent Rinaldo the cloak--zounds! If Rinaldo did somehow manage to break 50, I would allow PCs who want to say they were already helpful to become fanatic, though it only lasts for not enough days to make it to the Council anyway. Still, you get half a Barbarian rage while fighting for your cause if fanatic, and it stacks with everything!)

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: That plan requires 2 Mount spells per person so you can go 16 hours a day, and it will get you there in 9 days. Two Mounts per person is something like 80ish spells a day of 1st level or higher--you only count if your caster level is 4 or higher (if it is 2 or higher, each of yours counts for 1/2, and if it's 1, you can't really help at all). You have Elektra, Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Opale, Almayce, and maybe some young whippersnappers. I doubt that have so many spells even if they load up on only Mount, though it may be close. If Nodis helps with Astral Servants, together it is probably enough, though)

OOC: Using Mnemonic Enhancer and filling level 2 and 3 spell slots with mount, here the number of Mount we can cast at level 4 or higher:
Opale: 16
Ashnar: 24
Tenebrynn: 23
Elektra: 20
Almayce: 8

That's make 45 person travelling, and with the troop we will be, I doubt we will have difficulty on any hostile encounter. Anyway, the wizard will still have there speciality spells as they cannot fill it with mount.

Last edited:

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Wpw, imagine what the check result would have been if Michael also lent Rinaldo the cloak--zounds! If Rinaldo did somehow manage to break 50, I would allow PCs who want to say they were already helpful to become fanatic, though it only lasts for not enough days to make it to the Council anyway. Still, you get half a Barbarian rage while fighting for your cause if fanatic, and it stacks with everything!)

OOC: Oh, Michael thought about getting the cloak, but he's not going to wear it around Ros.

IC
Michael sidles up to Nurlan.
"It sticks in my head that the way to the Chromatic Academy runs through Fallon, right? Can I get you to drop off a message there?"

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:

OOC: Remind me if Rinaldo ever lead an army into fight, that he needs to tells his speech after using a shard of Charisma +10 and under the effect of an Eagle Splendor. That should gives me +34 (or more if I have leveled). With a nice roll and a maybe one or two aid another, I should be able to have a fanatic army.

Xael

First Post
Erekose13 said:
[SBLOCK=Trades]Okay I was going to do 5gp*spelllevel*casterlevel (50% off NPC cost). You've got 21 spell levels up there, so we'll give you everything but Mnemonic Enhancer for the 15 T gets from you. Then you can stock up on spells from there (including Mnemonic Enhancer.[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Trade]That's 50% off the base cost for casting spells, the base cost for letting somebody copy a spell is 50 gp per spell level I think.

That spellcasting cost is actually more expensive than the copying cost (I you use 50% off the copying cost too, otherwise it's cheaper). For a 4th level spell: 5 * 4 * 8 = 160 gp vs. 4 * 25 = 100 gp.

If you use 50% off the base copying price, Almayce will buy the following 6 spells for 600 gp, and if you use 50% off the casting price, Almayce will buy the first 4 for 640 gp.

Mmemonic Enhancer, Black Tentacles, Dimension Door, Greater Invisibility, Scrying, Wall of Fire.[/SBLOCK]

"Well, I guess we're off to the Academy then.", Almayce says and shrugs.

OOC: Almayce has a Minor Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell, so he can cast 3 mount spells that last for 16 hours and thus help transport three more people. EDIT: As Velmont said, the rod is probably more useful for somebody with lower caster level though. He also has a horse.

Knowledge, Arcana roll: 20.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Xael said:
OOC: Almayce has a Minor Rod of Extend Spell, so he can cast 3 mount spells that last for 8 hours and thus help transport three more people. He also has a horse.

OOC: Opale have the Extend Spell Feat, but that doesn't prevent the summoned horse to get tired after 8 hours. It might help lower level caster with Mount to cast it to a duration long enough to carry everyone.

Heckler

First Post
"Wow, she's one of those high ranking muckety-mucks at the Academy," Babette mutters to Fimble as the woman enters.

Kn(Arc)=26

She listens raptly to the woman's message, then starts into the planning with everyone else.

"Only a day to prepare? But there's so much shopping that needs done. There's some potions and scrolls I wanted to shop around for, and I may just buy a horse - it seems like it might be easier that way, but if they've got Mounts for everyone I might as well..."

Remove ads